C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP is corrupted and unreadable

Hey everyone, I've come here for help after exhausting all of my searches and own knowledge. I'm usually pretty savvy with fixing things like this but I am stumped on this one.

Every time I do a normal boot I get what you have read as the subject, C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP is corrupted and unreadable. Please run Chkdsk. Note, this causes all of the other files that load on a normal boot to say they are corrupt as well, which they are not because they load and work fine. They all refer back to this specific folder though however are not tied to it, such as, Dropbox, Cineform(GoPro program), ehtray, etc.

I'm fairly certain I do not have a virus as I have a very good version of Norton and scan frequently to check for viruses. Also to note the PC will reboot within a few minutes of a regular Windows boot, however in Safe Mode everything works like nothing is wrong except for if I try to delete the folder that is corrupt, it will not delete.

I will get straight to what I have tried so I can hopefully get some ideas from you all.

- Chkdsk, tried it through Run and cmd prompt. It hasn't worked either way, it skips itself on a regular boot.

- Deleting the folder through explorer, it will not allow me to delete it. I have also tried directly deleting it by holding shift while clicking delete. Also tried moving it into another folder and deleting it, none have worked.

- I have downloaded Unlocker, it will not open in Safe Mode and by the time it even tries to open on a regular boot my PC restarts itself.

- Also tried Longpath, I didn't work because I don't have the full version, would it be worth the 19.99 for the full purchase of it to try and delete the problem folder?

- Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. This is the message I get when trying to delete the folder "AMD APP".

I feel as if this folder has no weight on any of my pc's performance and if I could just get rid of it the problem would be resolved. Hope you all can help.
1 answer Last reply
More about program files corrupted unreadable
  1. Try a few other antivirus programs, also check with the PC vendor if they have a drive checking utility or an option in the BIOS to scan the drive for errors.

I like the Avira Antivir rescue disk, you boot off it, and it scans the drive for viruses.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration x86 Windows Vista