GA-EP45-DS4P : wake on keyboard doesn't work

delfick

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Hello

Until the other day I was using an Abit AN8-V motherboard and I had it set up so that to turn on my computer, all I had to do was type "boot" into my keyboard. (using the wake on keyboard option in the Bios)

The other day I got a Giga-Byte GA-EP45-DS4P motherboard and found the wake on keyboard option in Bios and set it so that when I type "boot" into my keyboard, the computer turns on.

However, whilst it worked with the old motherboard, it doesn't for then new motherboard.

My keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless desktop Elite keyboard (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=016)

does anyone know why this feature doesn't work on my new motherboard?

Thankyou :)

GenKhan2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I have the DQ6 version of that board. I haven't tried power on by keyboard but I remember it requiring a PS/2 connected keyboard. Your keyboard supports both USB and PS/2. Is it hooked up properly?

delfick

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
it seems to be.

and wake on keyboard still doesn't work if only the ps2 part is connected...
(but the keyboard itself does work)

blackbat

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I've got the EP45-DS4 and wake on keyboard works fine for me. It might be a silly question, but you are hitting return after typing in "boot" aren't you?

Also, I'm not familiar with your keyboard but it appears to be wireless. Could that be part of the problem I wonder?

delfick

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
you are hitting return after typing in "boot" aren't you?
ahhh, thnx for mentioning that :)

with my old computer I never had to do that.

pressing enter after "boot" makes it work perfectly.

thnx for the help GenKhan2 and blackbat.

:)