zombiezom

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
I'm experiencing some sound issues in test drive unlimited (pc)
on certain cars, in cockpit & engine views, I seem to get jumpy and some low form of a crackle pop thing.
I'm using onboard sound. Motherboard: asrock dvi/h 1333. I believe that is 5.1 onboard. I'm currently using some decent 2.1's.

any available fixes do you think?

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
i would try to first reinstall the drivers for the sound card. also try plugging the speakers into the motherboard, maybe the sound issues are in the game itself.

zombiezom

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
Will a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 OEM PCI sound card resolve this issue. Or do I need something with more punch ??

RazorEdge

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
That's what I'm getting in the hopes of solving my own sound issue (see the distortion thread by Jikko a couple posts down). I heard it could be tracers(?) that are getting overloaded or just plain processing power causing the crackling. Either way, a dedicated sound card should seems likely to deal with the issue. Does it occur when you lower the graphics settings? Mine seems to happen only with settings on high/v.high.

zombiezom

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
It remains the same when its either on lowest or maximum settings. I hope this sound card fixes my problem, I heard its a really good jump from onboard realtek audio :)