Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Acer Aspire 7520 - Black Screen

Last response: in Windows Vista
Share
September 29, 2012 2:15:39 AM

Right when i press the power button, the screen doesnt even turn on. There's nothing more to it, but i think the graphics card overheated.
Acer Aspire 7520-5168
Nvidia Geforce 8400M G
AMD Turion 64 X 2

Oh, and also, this laptop was in my basement for like two years, cause that's when it stopped working, and so we just put it away after I wasn't able to find a solution.
So, I came here after two years.
September 29, 2012 9:15:28 AM

math_eeu said:
Right when i press the power button, the screen doesnt even turn on. There's nothing more to it, but i think the graphics card overheated.
Acer Aspire 7520-5168
Nvidia Geforce 8400M G
AMD Turion 64 X 2

Oh, and also, this laptop was in my basement for like two years, cause that's when it stopped working, and so we just put it away after I wasn't able to find a solution.
So, I came here after two years.

Have a dumpster handy ?
m
0
l
September 29, 2012 6:09:33 PM

o.o
No, really, I need this to work again.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 30, 2012 7:56:17 AM

math_eeu said:
o.o
No, really, I need this to work again.


Have a port to plug in an external monitor ? Replace cmos battery, and charge other battery ?
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 6:51:08 PM

Alright, i've opened my laptop, i'm at my motherboard, but I cannot find where the CMOS battery is. Can you tell me what it looks like and where it is?
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 8:37:23 PM

math_eeu said:
Alright, i've opened my laptop, i'm at my motherboard, but I cannot find where the CMOS battery is. Can you tell me what it looks like and where it is?

It is a round coin battery. Download a user manual for your model. It may be under the KB.
m
0
l
September 30, 2012 10:07:58 PM

Is the battery on the top or bottom side of the motherboard?
I can't find anything on the user manual.
m
0
l
October 2, 2012 12:23:07 PM

Okay, I think i found it, at first i thought that was a cell battery and not the cmos, but its the only one i can see (blue casing around it, two strips of metal soldered on to it, connecting to the motherboard), and i don't know how to remove it without damaging motherboard.
Suggestions?
m
0
l
October 2, 2012 12:50:15 PM

math_eeu said:
Okay, I think i found it, at first i thought that was a cell battery and not the cmos, but its the only one i can see (blue casing around it, two strips of metal soldered on to it, connecting to the motherboard), and i don't know how to remove it without damaging motherboard.
Suggestions?

http://www.fixya.com/support/t10744703-remove_acer_aspi...
m
0
l
!