I read the stickies, I swear.

TheGuitarist

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
See what I did there?

Super serious question though. This is wayyyyy serious. Life or death man.

I'll be building a new system here soon so my current POS is my testing hog. If it dies, craps out, mutates and destroys my house, I don't care. I realize that OC'ing my current POS may bring no satisfaction, no noticeable performance boost, or cook my dinner. I don't care. There's a trend there.

I've entered my BIOS screen but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do. I enabled my CPU settings to manual...but nothing. There's no new menu to enter to change anything. My BIOS states things like voltages, speeds, etc.. but gives me NO option to change any of it.

So can I get some help with what to do and how to do it and how far I can get on stock air with my current POS that I don't care about?

Here's my detailed stats:
Asus P5S MX SE mobo
CPU: Prescott Intel Pentium 4 531(15x Multiplier, BUS Speed 200MHz, Rates FSB 800, Volts jump between 1.352 and 1.36).
ChipsetSiS 671 FX/DX/MX
Southbridge sis 968
Pentium Presscott 531 3Ghz
BIOS: American Megatrends version 0306. 9/05/2007
Slot 1 for RAM: PC2-5300 Kingston 1GB stick (There's a timing table, dunno what it is with 3 settings or something. 200mhz, 266mhz, and 333mhz. 3-3-309, 4-4-4-12, and 5-5-5-15 all at 1.8v)
Slot 2: PC2-5300 Kingston 2GB stick same everything else
GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB of onboard DDR3 ram

Now for a few preemptive strikes. Before you ask me something like, "Why did you do this or that for the memory? Why did you buy that graphics card? Why are you alive?", please understand that roughly a month ago I DIDN'T KNOW JACK. Not much has changed. Aren't new computer users cute? Doing stupid things and what not.

And thar ye have it.

Do your worst.

Mondoman

Splendid
I'd ask Asus tech support how to change the FSB speed, DIMM voltage, etc. However, since Sis are real bottom-of-the-food-chain chipsets, your BIOS may not support such changes.