GA-MA770-DS3 -- Audio Help, Please

mkrel1

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I have two Gigabyte boards, and I never could get the integrated Realtek 880 to work on either of them. This isn't an issue with my main rig as I have a sound card, but on my secondary machine I am relying on the integrated sound. I have installed the latest audio drivers from Gigabyte's page to no avail. Can anyone help or point me to a tutorial dealing with this issue (I use XP SP3).

Question 2: The manual for both of my boards (one is a GA-M57SLI-S4) says that the BIOS should beep at post. Neither of the boards EVER beep at any time. Is there something that must be configured in order to enable this "beeping?" I thought that maybe my M57SLI board had an issue, but my brand new MA770 board is also not beeping.

fleakiller

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
I know it's silly but do you have a speaker hooked up ?, check page 20,27,42 in your manual, also did you install drivers for audio?

mkrel1

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Yeah I have speakers hooked into the proper port on the back (just a cheap set of analog speakers). I also downloaded the audio drivers from gigabyte's site.

One thing I have noticed is that even after having installed these drivers, I cannot see the "Audio Manager" icon anywhere in the system tray. You can see that icon on page 83.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I had similar issues with my board (finally bought a sound card), except my speakers worked for a while, then the audio manager stopped (no sound). I had to go to Realtek's site for working drivers (although it removes the audio manager). Still had issues, so I bought a cheap Diamond 7.1 sound card, this solved my sound issues. Here is a link to my card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829111001
$26 + S&H (Diamonds' site has 64bit drivers that work)

mkrel1

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks. I had forgotten to download the Microsoft UAA Bus driver. After installing it, it worked.

I still can't get it to work on my GA-M57SLI-S4 however. I think it could be my speakers, as they require digital output through standard analog wire.

As for the lack of BIOS beep, any idea on this? As I said, neither of my boards have ever beeped. Not sure what to make of it. Is there some "jumper" or something similar I must physically configure on the mobo itself? The manual doesn't suggest there is, yet I have never heard an audible beep (although both board work just fine).

mkrel1

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
So that's the prob, neither of my cases have speakers (I have an NZXT Lexa and a Raidmax Smilodon). I don't believe that most after market cases have speakers, or am I wrong about that?

BTW, I am assuming that the GA-MA770-DS3 does not have a built in speaker?