Sign in with
Your question

HTPC - VGA Box questions

Last response: in Systems
May 11, 2008 12:28:46 PM

Hello everyone

Its me asking help this time. Im making a HTPC system for me and the wife. Just bought a really cheap 22" TFT with dual VGA Inputs. First i was thinking of making a classic HTPC with a video card, but now i want to do another thing. Im serching for a VGA TV-Box to pluging on the VGA1 and MY HTPC/server (files/networkPrinter,etc) on VGA2.

I did this decision basicly because there are only 2 TV Cards atm in spain in the market, tested both and the software and the signal reception sucks big time. But i cant find any models of a VGA box. Can somebody give a hint ?

Apreciated, and if i ever ranted your post im deeply sorry :) 

More about : htpc vga box questions

May 11, 2008 1:29:56 PM

Try not to give info that we don't need to know. Like what you decided. We don't need to know that. Just what you're doing.

So you're looking for a VGA TV box with 2 inputs? Why TV box? Are you going to watch TV on the pc? If not, you can just plug both pc's in the new dual-output flat panel. Use the flat panel's remote, if any, to switch between 2 signals.

Look for it on ebay. Selection is huge & prices can be good.
May 11, 2008 2:29:15 PM

akhilles said:
Try not to give info that we don't need to know. Like what you decided. We don't need to know that. Just what you're doing.

So you're looking for a VGA TV box with 2 inputs? Why TV box? Are you going to watch TV on the pc? If not, you can just plug both pc's in the new dual-output flat panel. Use the flat panel's remote, if any, to switch between 2 signals.

Look for it on ebay. Selection is huge & prices can be good.

Nono, a Vga Box with 1 input. Due to other services that are going to be hanged in PC, the TV player stutters alot. Thus the 2 Hauppage that are available in the tradicional market here where i am, have a **** video capture.
That way i can use the TV independant from the PC, and when i wanna view videos or what not i just click in the TFT to select the VGA Input 2.

Thanks for the tip ill look in ebay. BUt anybody have tried a TV box here, and if yes what the brand and what the results ?
!