Sign in with
Your question

Men of war assault squad it says the program cant start because msvcr71 dll is m

Last response: in Windows Vista
September 29, 2012 5:24:40 PM

I have reinstalled it multiple times ut it stll says that i would like help please

More about : men war assault squad program start msvcr71 dll

September 30, 2012 8:14:33 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

First off, one post would have been enough - you have our attention now. :D 

Press your Windows key and R together and into the Open box that poops up, type dxdiag and press Enter. Let the scans run their course and see what the result is. Also, in Windows Explorer, run a system-wide search for file who's name includes the string "gina" (without the quotes) and if you have anything other then MSGINA or SHGINA, post back the name of it. If you only have those in the 386 folder, copy them into windows\system32, restart the system and see if that helped.

m
l
October 4, 2012 9:19:03 PM

Hi download the file. Go to program files in windows explorer. go to the Men of war assault squad folder and copy the dll file in the folder with all the install files.
m
l
Related resources
October 8, 2012 9:46:37 PM

Saga Lout said:

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

First off, one post would have been enough - you have our attention now. :D 

Press your Windows key and R together and into the Open box that poops up, type dxdiag and press Enter. Let the scans run their course and see what the result is. Also, in Windows Explorer, run a system-wide search for file who's name includes the string "gina" (without the quotes) and if you have anything other then MSGINA or SHGINA, post back the name of it. If you only have those in the 386 folder, copy them into windows\system32, restart the system and see if that helped.

I did the scan there was no problems but then i searched gina in windowes explorer and it came up with no search results
m
l
October 8, 2012 9:52:05 PM

mibix19 said:
Hi download the file. Go to program files in windows explorer. go to the Men of war assault squad folder and copy the dll file in the folder with all the install files.

im srry but im probably stupid but what doyou mean by downlaod file
m
l
October 9, 2012 6:04:04 AM

He probably means Google for it and end up in some murky site that offers DLL files free of charge where you won't know exactly what they're shippiing into your system and what it might do when it gets there.

Not a safe route to go down.

You have several copies of this in your system and you could copy anyone one of them into c:\windows\system32 but I'm certain you'd only be overwriting a working file of the same size (340Kb) and in your case, it's the game that won't work.

Run a system-wide search for the file - check that you have them in Java related folders as well.

m
l
October 10, 2012 8:30:35 PM

Saga lout is right about rogue sites offering free Dll files, but have a look at this site http://www.optimize-your-pc.org/msvcr71-dll-not-found Saga Lout, maybe you could have a look at this site and see if you think it is safe. Failing that download Net Framework from the microsoft site.
m
l
October 11, 2012 6:14:11 PM

As I posted above, there should be several other copies in the OP's own system but if the Java copies aren't there, he needs up to date Java and that could sort the problem. Maybe hell post back and tell us.

As to the site you linked, it offers a download which claims to be an error detecting tool but in reality is a Uniblue Registry booster. I personally wouldn't recommend anyone to have one of those so no, I don't think it's safe.

m
l
October 12, 2012 7:07:53 PM

Thanks for the info Saga Lout
m
l
!