Strange pixels in LCD monitor

coolcat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2002
I have an LG Flatron 563 LE and, when I bought it, it had one bright blue pixel, which was very ugly when the mnitor showed dark colors, and so I went back to the store and traded it for a good new one. Now, one year later, this one has the same problem, but the pixel isn't so bright.
Is this from the brand, the model or are they all like it?
Does anyone know?

My DVD reader is destroyed! I told you it wasn't an oven!

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
It's prolly a bad pixel...I have 4 of those but good thing they are just light grey..I hardly notice em except on plain backgrounds...I have an HP L1520...my friend has a Viewsonic VG191B and on the 2nd day it already had 1 bad pixel...but stated in the warranty you gotta have 8 bad pixels before you can have it replaced or repaired...

was the bright blue pixel at the same position? coz if it is it's a damn well coincidence...usually bad pixels are random...

coolcat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2002
No it wasn't in the same position, but does it really damages the monitor if you press it? I don't recall doing that, but who knows...

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
yes, avoid from touching the screen...there's only a thin protective layer on the screen...an LCD monitor screen is very sensitive and unlike a CRT monitor there's a thick glass that you can touch and put fingerprints all over...hehe...

in my case I didn't touch the screen of my LCD too but the bad pixels still came up...bad pixels will eventually happen specially when you use your monitor for long periods of time...

too bad for you though when a pixel goes bad it is in colors like blue but for me they are light grey in color...look for the warranty and see how many bad pixels you have to have before you can have it replaced

coolcat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2002
I dunno, I think it's either 10 or 12 but I can't be sure, because the warranty is written in Italian (weird).

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
actually, bad pixels will not increase w/ use. If u touch screen, they do. My freind has had this lcd for 3 years, no bad pixels yet, but no one is allowed to touch it.

What if you had admin rights to life?

jayeff

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
Holy crap! I thought that ripply thing was a feature! It's a bummer though as mine ripples at the sides when you grab it to tilt it. So how do I get round that??

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
it shouldn't happen, the riples...maybe the case isn't thick or sturdy enough and prolly it touches some parts of the inside that it's suppose to protect...I have a tilt LCD monitor too and I am now tilting it and giving enough pressure to the casing near the screen but no ripples occur...just don't press too hard

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
The rippling b/c handling can happen quite easily actually, the way to avoid it is to be careful. My jaw fell open when I saw this technician take an LCD, grab it real hard (he had NO idea what he was doing), place it on a desk, then w/ his huge fingernails he pointed to something, scratched lcd pretty bad, and not only did he kill a few pixels, but he damaged a whole area of it. Sadly that LCD was mine, and I returned it in a day.

What if you had admin rights to life?