Reality Check

Last response: in Video Games
July 2, 2005 12:22:10 PM

A few days ago I finally put up my annual "I don't
give a rat's ass what anyone thinks" kiddy pool. This
one is smaller than normal, at only 6 feet round and about
18" high.
But I can float in it, get wet, and smell the wonderful
essence of chlorine. Plopped in some kiddy float toys
to make it cheerful.
http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/2005Pool.html

The weird rig floating on the left is my Styrofoam-and-
net bag chlorine tablet holder. That's a deflated swim ring
on top the beach ball, to keep it from blowing away in the
breeze.

Today when Ross came in from the road he said he
stopped in at one of the local pool builders to check on
the prices of the new fiberglass inground pools.

This tells me I did indeed find a jewel of a fellow, who
obviously wants to make his wife's life more enjoyable.
Gotta treasure a man like that..............

Anyway, the poor fellow was in for a hell of a shock-
those units are EXPENSIVE. Even the tiny ones are right
about $12,000. The medium-sized one he was curious about
has a price of $25,000.

I figure I'll pick up another $9.99 unit at Wal-Mart tomorrow
so I'll be sure to have a pool all summer. LOL Maybe if
we win a lottery we'll get a pool, but I'm saving my pennies for
a trip to Vegas in December. ;)

More about : reality check

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:22:11 PM

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42c64eb2$1_3
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

> Anyway, the poor fellow was in for a hell of a shock-
> those units are EXPENSIVE. Even the tiny ones are right
> about $12,000. The medium-sized one he was curious about
> has a price of $25,000.
>
> I figure I'll pick up another $9.99 unit at Wal-Mart tomorrow
> so I'll be sure to have a pool all summer. LOL Maybe if
> we win a lottery we'll get a pool, but I'm saving my pennies for
> a trip to Vegas in December. ;)

One of my coworkers has a nice one for her kids that ran about $100. It's
got an inflatable tube around the rim to hold it up. I know I saw an ad for
it in the paper but can't remember who's carrying it, maybe Toys R Us.
There was a companion inflatable slide for $250.

Ah, found it, it's an "Easy Set Pool". Here's a page full of different
sizes:

http://www.coolinflatables.com/site/891852/page/387322
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:57:51 PM

Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> I figure I'll pick up another $9.99 unit at Wal-Mart tomorrow
> so I'll be sure to have a pool all summer. LOL Maybe if
> we win a lottery we'll get a pool, but I'm saving my pennies for
> a trip to Vegas in December. ;)

Get a galvenized one like they use for horses and such. last a long time,
and you can recess it.
July 3, 2005 2:13:45 PM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> One of my coworkers has a nice one for her kids that ran about $100.
> It's got an inflatable tube around the rim to hold it up. I know I
> saw an ad for it in the paper but can't remember who's carrying it,
> maybe Toys R Us. There was a companion inflatable slide for $250.
>
> Ah, found it, it's an "Easy Set Pool". Here's a page full of different
> sizes:
>
> http://www.coolinflatables.com/site/891852/page/387322

YES! I wanted one of those!! But Ross said it wasn't a smart bet
for us- we have too many birds in the yard due to our feeders, and
he's afraid the birds will puncture that rim. :(

July 3, 2005 2:14:44 PM

Hellmark wrote:
> Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
> his body were:
>> I figure I'll pick up another $9.99 unit at Wal-Mart tomorrow
>> so I'll be sure to have a pool all summer. LOL Maybe if
>> we win a lottery we'll get a pool, but I'm saving my pennies for
>> a trip to Vegas in December. ;)
>
> Get a galvenized one like they use for horses and such. last a long
> time, and you can recess it.

But how would you drain it should the need arise?

July 3, 2005 2:19:41 PM

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
>> his body were:
>>> I figure I'll pick up another $9.99 unit at Wal-Mart tomorrow
>>> so I'll be sure to have a pool all summer. LOL Maybe if
>>> we win a lottery we'll get a pool, but I'm saving my pennies for
>>> a trip to Vegas in December. ;)
>>
>> Get a galvenized one like they use for horses and such. last a long
>> time, and you can recess it.
>

> But how would you drain it should the need arise?

<Emily Litella>

"Never mind!"

</Emily Litella>

<thwaps forehead> It's called a *pump*, Miracle.................

July 3, 2005 3:42:55 PM

On 3 Jul 2005 10:19:41 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> <Emily Litella>
>
> "Never mind!"
>
> </Emily Litella>
>
> <thwaps forehead> It's called a *pump*, Miracle.................

Hmm... I thought it was called a "crane".

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Miracle Smith wrote:
>> Hellmark wrote:
>>> Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
>>> his body were:
>>> Get a galvenized one like they use for horses and such. last a long
>>> time, and you can recess it.
>> But how would you drain it should the need arise?
> <Emily Litella>
> "Never mind!"
> </Emily Litella>
> <thwaps forehead> It's called a *pump*, Miracle.................

Plus, most of those have drain plugs on them. What I'd do, if I were to
put it into the ground, I'd hook up a bit of pipe and put a valve on the
end so you could hook a hose or something up to easily drain without a
pump.
!