Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Really need help here :( PLEASE

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
February 17, 2009 9:59:50 AM

Hi guys, im kinda new to overclocking, but i do understand a few basic out of it.

I spent 1 week reading through reviews, understanding overclocking

My Mobo is ASUS p5n-d 750i SLI, and im using Intel Q6600 Processor at 2.4 Together with Asus Silent Knight 2 HS cooler

Recently, i managed to get 2.7 out by some basic understanding. quiet stable tho, ran Prime95 Overnight with NO errors, Tempreature constant at 60 for overnight test, idl tem is 45. even while playing games like farcry 2, never go after 49.

So today, i managed to get 3.0 BY LUCK. heres my settings

FSB : 1344mhz
MEM: 800 as usual
Multiplier : x9

Vcore : 1.3w
Dram : 1.85
and the rest are 1.3 and 1.5

Ran Prime95 Together with Everest Ultimate CPU stresser for 2 hours with no error and constant at 60 ( Max 65 )

i think its stable, cause of all the 3.0 i get, this settings i managed to start windows normally without any problems or hangs.

But the problems start here, im using a OCZ fatal1ty gaming ram with 800hmz, In cpuz it shows 400( x2 ) which is normal.

but after my overclocking, it shows 369 (x2) which is not even 800 mhz, didnt use full speed of my ram and im kinda don like it :( 

What is the problem? any advice from profesional cause i really need some help here, after 1 week of studying overclocking, and after wasting money on my stock cooler, i don wana give up and i wana succed and my aim is 3.0ghz standard.

Please anyoneplier

More about : question

February 17, 2009 10:07:07 AM

sixstones said:
Hi guys, im kinda new to overclocking, but i do understand a few basic out of it.

I spent 1 week reading through reviews, understanding overclocking

My Mobo is ASUS p5n-d 750i SLI, and im using Intel Q6600 Processor at 2.4 Together with Asus Silent Knight 2 HS cooler

Recently, i managed to get 2.7 out by some basic understanding. quiet stable tho, ran Prime95 Overnight with NO errors, Tempreature constant at 60 for overnight test, idl tem is 45. even while playing games like farcry 2, never go after 49.

So today, i managed to get 3.0 BY LUCK. heres my settings

FSB : 1344mhz
MEM: 800 as usual
Multiplier : x9

Vcore : 1.3w
Dram : 1.85
and the rest are 1.3 and 1.5

Ran Prime95 Together with Everest Ultimate CPU stresser for 2 hours with no error and constant at 60 ( Max 65 )

i think its stable, cause of all the 3.0 i get, this settings i managed to start windows normally without any problems or hangs.

But the problems start here, im using a OCZ fatal1ty gaming ram with 800hmz, In cpuz it shows 400( x2 ) which is normal.

but after my overclocking, it shows 369 (x2) which is not even 800 mhz, didnt use full speed of my ram and im kinda don like it :( 

What is the problem? any advice from profesional cause i really need some help here, after 1 week of studying overclocking, and after wasting money on my stock cooler, i don wana give up and i wana succed and my aim is 3.0ghz standard.

Please anyoneplier


Is the 369 during test or is it in idle? Mine shows 425 in idle and are rated to 1100, så i think i could be besauce it clocks its selfe down when its not stressed.
February 17, 2009 10:14:19 AM

If the FSB:D RAM is set to 1:1, the dram frequency will follow thw fsb. (please correct me if im wrong)
Related resources
February 17, 2009 10:25:25 AM

erm,,and how do u set it to 1.1.. they dosent have that settings rite? if there is i would do it long time ago.. the problem is im stuck here with my RAM.. hehe thanks tho dasjap
February 17, 2009 11:11:11 AM

It will show you your FSB : DRAM ratio in CPUz under the memory tab.

You cant set this ratio it is a result of what you have set your RAM and CPU freqs to. By default I think it will be 1:1, you can see this by changing the FSB and seeing how the DRAM increases.

So an FSB of 336 in a 1:1 ration = 336 (FSB) : 336 (DRAM)

do RAM is running at 336 x 2 (as its DDR2) = 672MHz

1 : 1 is the best for optimal performance.
February 17, 2009 12:10:29 PM

sixstones said:
erm,,and how do u set it to 1.1.. they dosent have that settings rite? if there is i would do it long time ago.. the problem is im stuck here with my RAM.. hehe thanks tho dasjap


On gigabyte boards you set the "system memory multiplier" to 2,0 and it runs 1:1, but im not shure the same function its called the yhat on asus boards. But search for something simular.
February 17, 2009 7:50:27 PM

dasjap said:
On gigabyte boards you set the "system memory multiplier" to 2,0 and it runs 1:1, but im not shure the same function its called the yhat on asus boards. But search for something simular.


I was unaware of this. SO what do the other multiplier values set the ratio to? Thought it was just a result of what you had your FSB and DRAM set to?
a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2009 8:53:29 PM

Asus call's this exactly what it is : FSB STRAP

This is out of the OCing GUIDE:

Most good boards will offer several fsb:D ram dividers. Some common ones are listed below. Assuming that you’re using a 333 MHz FSB the ratios are:
Code :

1. FSB : DRAM
2. 1:1 = 333 MHz : 667 MHz
3. 4:5 = 333 MHz : 833 MHz
4. 2:3 = 333 MHz : 1,000 MHz
5. 5:8 = 333 MHz : 1,066 MHz
6. 3:5 = 333 MHz : 1,111 MHz
7. 1:2 = 333 MHz : 1,333 MHz



Now, if you’re running @ a 400 MHz FSB, the ratios become:
Code :

1. FSB : DRAM
2. 1:1 = 400 MHz : 800 MHz
3. 4:5 = 400 MHz : 1,000 MHz
4. 2:3 = 400 MHz : 1,200 MHz
5. 5:8 = 400 MHz : 1,280 MHz
6. 3:5 = 400 MHz : 1,333 MHz
7. 1:2 = 400 MHz : 1,600 MHz

You can calculate these yourself with this formula:
Code :

1. DRAM Final Clockrate = (2 x FSB)/Divider

!