Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P - Start up Fan problem

Reesy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P Motherboard with quad core running XP and when I start up the fan kicks in automatically. If I run the computer for about 20 minutes and then reboot, when it restarts it runs normally with the fan off/ silent. Any advice on what can I do to remedy the start up problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reesy

Don't reboot. :)

OK. I have a -DS3P with Q6600 that I just turned on. I'll wait afew minutes

Now, you say the fan doesn't come on - at all? Or only after a few seconds?

I have tried to duplicate the problem - no luck.

The only time I saw something similar was when I was setting up to OC. A few times, the system would lock up and reboot. Then it would re-reboot (?) back to normal settings. Is your system doing something like this?

Reesy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks for the response.

The fan comes on straight away at what must be full whack, very loudly which is no use as the PC is designated for music.

I then let it run for about 20 minutes then reboot and the computer is then silent but with the fan still on. Which is how it should be from the start.

It's like it has to warm up?

Reesy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Hi,
I have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775), 3 pin.

I also have another probably related problem, sometimes when I boot up the alarm goes off intermittently, having watched the CPU Cooler fan I notice that it doesn't spin when this happens. When I reboot at this point sometimes windows won't shut down.

GenKhan2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I think the varrying fan speed is probably the result of "cpu smart fan control" bios setting (under pc health option) being set to enabled. Disabling it would prevent changing speed but it would run full tilt all the time then. You may benefit from using a 4-pin molex to 3-pin fan adapter in conjunction with a fan speed controller. That way:
1. The cpu fan will start as soon as the psu powers up.
2. The cpu fan will run consistantly at a lower speed.

It's possible you could run into cpu temperature problems if you slow the fan too much though.

Example products
Amazon: B0000CDJNY
Newegg: N82E16811998129