Can't hard reset Palm Vx

August 17, 2004 1:15:56 AM

Hi,

I want to hard reset my Palm Vx but I try all the methods below and it
just does a soft reset, leaving all my programs and data there. I want
to delete all data and programs and put the machine back into the same
state as it left the factory.

1) Press reset button
2) Hold down power and press reset button
3) Hold down memo key and press reset button
4) Hold down scroll-up and press reset button

Nothing works. Ideas?

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html

More about : hard reset palm

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 2:44:24 AM

Uzytkownik "Mark Allison" <home@markallison.no.tinned.meat.co.uk> napisal w
wiadomosci news:10i25fa2etoe654@news.supernews.com...
> Hi,
>
> I want to hard reset my Palm Vx but I try all the methods below and it
> just does a soft reset, leaving all my programs and data there. I want
> to delete all data and programs and put the machine back into the same
> state as it left the factory.
>
> 1) Press reset button
> 2) Hold down power and press reset button
> 3) Hold down memo key and press reset button
> 4) Hold down scroll-up and press reset button
>
> Nothing works. Ideas?

To hard reset you have to press reset button and then hold down power button
until Palm logo appears. After that you release power button and there will
be a prompt. You should press scroll-up button to confirm hard reset. Good
Luck.

--
Gawcio
Anonymous

Mark Allison <home@markallison.no.tinned.meat.co.uk> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I want to hard reset my Palm Vx but I try all the methods below and it
> just does a soft reset, leaving all my programs and data there.
> Nothing works. Ideas?

Press *and hold* the power button. Press the reset while holding the power
button. Keep on holding the power button until the Palm logo appears. Then
you should see the dialog to press the up button to remove all data. Do
that, and you should be in business. Just pressing the power button does no
good - you have to hold it down while you do the reset, and keep holding it
until the reset it done.

--
Regards,

Stan
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 12:08:41 PM

Lukasz Gawin wrote:
> To hard reset you have to press reset button and then hold down
power button
> until Palm logo appears. After that you release power button and there will
> be a prompt. You should press scroll-up button to confirm hard reset. Good
> Luck.

Thanks that worked!
!