What does Microsoft(R)Windows(R)Build 6002:Service Pack 2)mean

JustJules

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
My computer has gone into 'safe mode' I can't get into files etc.. etc.. I have tried rebooting in 'normal mode' - just not happening.
I 'think' the problem occurred when I loaded Tune Up Utilities 2013 - then realizing there was a charge after one days scan - I changed my mind and tried to remove from my computer. I suspect, unwittingly I may have removed something else with it which is why in 'safe mode'
I am not a confident pc user and after being bombarded with all sorts of try our scan and pay for fix messages I am now too confused to trust anything.
Isn't there just a way of putting right (and back into normal mode) without incurring cost over the internet??
Grateful thanks in anticipation of a helpful reply!!
Regards
Julie
PS:
[Microsoft(R)Windows(R)Build 6002:Service Pack 2)/quote] This is what is showing on my screen.

Hopefully you have a restore point, prior to installing the tuneup utilities.

To use system restore in Windows Vista safe mode:

Open the 'start' menu and type 'system restore.' Click 'next' and choose the restore point you wish to use by highlighting it and then hit 'next'. Make sure you have saved any documents, then click 'finish'. The system will restart and revert to the settings saved in the restore point.

JustJules

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Hi
Thanks for your quick reply. I had tried using System Restore Point before emailing in. However - dadahhhhh!!
I have managed to get back onto 'normal' run. I just literally trawled through loads of sites leaving messages or very carefully reading info in case by some miracle I could understand and be brave enough to do.
What worked:- press START, press ALL PROGRAMS,press ACCESSORIES, press RUN, type in msconfig. In pop up System Configuration box under 'General' I checked top 2 boxes of SELECTIVE START UP, then under 'Boot' I unchecked SAFE BOOT.
I'm not typing all this up to be a 'smarty pants' - but just incase some poor other user get's a bit lost like I did. Thanks again for your interest, people like you responding to queries like mine really help keep our small IT World going!
Love
J x :bounce: