BIOS upgrade Failure!!

JFuentes

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Having issues after install of BIOS Upgrade Driver from site.......I have remove the CMOS and rebooted......reset RAM MEM and all this after a fresh install of the OS. All was good till the BIOS Upgrade.....any answers on how to get my OS back?
Is the Mother board gone? What did the BIOS upgrade do??

Any answers or suggestions would be awesome at this point in time......Thanks so much!

cl-scott

Honorable
If the BIOS update failed for some reason in the middle of flashing, then unfortunately the motherboard is as good as broken. You could potentially send it in to the manufacturer to have them reflash the BIOS, but a lot of times it ends up being faster, easier, and cheaper to just replace the board yourself.

the only typical remedy or a failed BIOS flash is to get a new chip from the manufacturer. However, there is another step that can be attempted before that happens. Some manufacturers provide flash recovery as part of the BIOS update, but for those that don't you can search for other bios flashers for the same motherboard. One place you can search is here: http://www.freebyte.com/drivers/#bios
This site provides links to other big BIOS sources, including the most common BIOS companies. Rolling back to an older bios is often enough to recover a system.

JFuentes

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

Thanks bro that's what I need to hear!!

Doing one last attempt at resetting CMOS battery and jumper then I'm calling it New Board Replacement..........by any chance do you have any idea if a Mother Board is made for this box HP Pavillion A6403W??

Thanks for the input.......kind of had the same feeling!