other specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W
Corsair (2 X 2Gb) 240 pin 800 DDR2
Seagate Barracuda 250Gb 7200 rpm 3Gb/s SATA
Pioneer 20X DVD+-R DVD Burner 3Gb/s SATA
2 X Ati Radeon 4850 Pci ex 2.0X16
Case-unsure
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Power Supply 100

Im stuck between these 2, they are very similar so i guess it comes down to brand and how well it all fits on the board(should be the same but you never know). Also any other boards in the same price range i will consider, but i kinda like the x48 line and i need it to work well with all my stuff.

i sea

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
ADI AD1988B is better than Realtek ALC885?

I honestly know nothing about sound, i normally play wearing headphones so i dont disturb other ppl in my house. And not nice Bose headphones or anything, its a cheap $20 headset type this.

Just wondering about something, the x48 series should be more "future proof" than amd's 790fx right?

thrust2night

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
depends what you mean by 'future proof'. The new Nehalem processors that are coming out at the end of the year won't be supported. So basically you're stuck with the processors that are already available. The Nehalems are a new architecture for which Intel has the X58 motherboards which will be launched in Q4 of this year.AMD and Nvidia would also launch their new motherboards to support it as well, but either way, none of the current X48 motherboards and AMD's and Nvidia's MBs would work.

Thats why I'm holding off on a new MB and processor until next year and will probably go with the X58 since Intel and Nvidia are having a battle with licensing SLI technology and processor support.

i sea

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Im planning on getting the system soon, so it seems both the intel and amd mobos are gonna be outdated soon. Not like i care, i dont have anyone to brag about it to... And i dont plan on doing much overclocking. But if anyone knows anything that will run all my stuff well, in the same price range, that gets x16/x16 with dual crossfire, feel free to tell me. Atm im practicaly ready to flip a coin for one of them. lol, not quite there yet, but i still see no real advantage to either. Theres people on both sides that just vote for one of the companies. :??: I think ill post this question on yahoo answers too, maybe all actually get lucky and get a good answer, happens once in a blue moon...

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
The main difference I would see is the expandability that you want now or in the future. With two single slot cards the Asus has 2 pci-e and two pci available and with two dual slot cards one of each, while the DFI has 3 pci and 1 pci-e with single cards and and two pci with dual slot cards (for me it would have to be the DFI).
But for what I would want for slots this is the board I would get even tho it is $25~30 more (it has the same exact layout as the board I do have).
http://www.motherboardpro.com/DFI-L...et-Crossfire-Ready-X48-Motherboard-p-540.html