Sign in with
Your question

LG GGC H20L not reading Blu-Ray disks.

Last response: in Storage
August 8, 2009 5:04:06 PM

Hi, first off I want to state that I am not very computer savvy, so any advice may have to be dumbed down for me; sorry.

My problem, as the title states, is that whenever I place a Blu-Ray in my player, the player endlesssly attempts to read it. DVDs work fine, and the Blu-Rays work in other players. I should also state that the firmware for the LG is updated to 1.03, which I believe is the latest.

My computer specs are 3-GTX-285's (2g), i7 975, Vista 64, 12g ram, and EVGA x58.

I'm just looking for any ideas on what the problem may be and if any possible solutions can be advised. Thanks for your time and any help given.

*EDIT*: Sorry for double post, second thread deleted.
a b G Storage
August 10, 2009 6:13:51 AM

Do your Blu-Ray discs come from a particular region?
a b G Storage
August 10, 2009 10:27:09 AM

What playback software are you using to play Blue-Ray?
Related resources
August 10, 2009 8:19:03 PM

I have the same LG drive in my PC. The drive came with Cyberlink 7.0 and would play a lot of Blue Rays but then I bought the Star Trek Season One remix box set and it would just spin in a continuous read. I bought and installed Cyberlink 9.0 Ultra and I was able to play the disks with no problem. I now have 7.0 and 9.0 on my system since I have a super-combo drive I can still play HDDVD with Cyberlink 7.0.
August 16, 2009 8:49:21 AM

leon2006 said:
What you need is a software update. You can download update from cyberlink and that should address the problem.

software update path
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/index_en_US....

download and use BD advisor. It will check if your setup is compliant

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp

These are his specs, 3-GTX-285's (2g), i7 975, Vista 64, 12g ram, and EVGA x58. Everythign there is compliant with blueray. Only thing that may not be is his monitor as we do not know what monitor he has.You need a min res of 1920x1080 for true blue ray benefits and hdcp support on the monitor. Amd as others have said make sure you are using the powedvd blue ray edition that came with the drive and also update the drives firmware.
!