Hi,

How do I scandisk, and what does it scan? does it scan the c: drive.

Thank You

"new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:16F2065E-A158-4B59-9664-65025E605689@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> How do I scandisk, and what does it scan? does it scan the c: drive.
>
> Thank You

It is check disk in XP. It scans the drives for errors such as bad clusters
and can repair them. To run this, right click on the drive in Explorer and
select Properties. On the Tools tab under Error-checking click the Check
Now button to start the scan.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

Thank You for clearing that for me. I have used scandisk before, I have even
used your suggestion error check but did not know that it was the same thing.
Thank You.