Problems with MSI x48C

raavi

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
I recently bought a MSI x48C platinum board together with Q6600 processor, after assembling everything and turning power ON, the power goes ON and OFF in every two seconds or so.

What mistake did I make? I checked the CPU supported list in MSI webpage for this board and it is there...

Any suggestions or any recommendations to go further?

akhilles

Splendid
Not a mistake, but an unwritten symptom where the ram may not be recognized so the board keeps trying to post and fail. Try each stick in each slot, load bios default and set up ram to specs.

veselu

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Did you manage to solve the issue ?

I have the same problem with my MSI X48C, i have 2xCorsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4DHX. My computer keep rebooting every 5 sec and i don't understand why it does that :(

rasmussen29892

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Hey Try to Press the bios Reset on the back when you turn it on and hold it for like 5-10sec an then releas the computer wil restart and make som bips (if the speaker is connected) :) and the pc wil start :)

Pratik_88

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
i have same problem but my pc is post fail at restart time means when i want to required the restart the computer some reasons then computer will restart and after restarts post+fails is taking place but after 2 times fail pc will starts normaily....

what is the problems.......?

patrickb007

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Ive Got The same board and had the same problem but only when i used DDR2 ram, then you need turbo cards, same goes for DDR3 but thats only what the manual states, once ive upgraded to DDR3 no more problems and not using Turbo cards.