Sign in with
Your question

Audigy 1 Value or Sound Blaster Live 5.1?

Last response: in Components
June 16, 2008 10:40:37 PM

I have both of these cards but I can't decide which is better and couldn't find a comparison between them. I'm concerned with game and movie performance of these cards cause i have a seperate card for recording.

Audigy Value lacks the EMU10k2 processsor found on better Audigy cards, instead has a CA-0106 chip. It supports software based EAX 3.0.

Though it's an older card, Sound Blaster Live has EMU10k1 processor and supports EAX 1.0.

Does the lack of EMU processor makes Audigy Value to sound worse? I have both of these cards but I can't decide which is better. I'm running Vista now so I stick with Audigy Value but in case I get back to XP I may use Live 5.1. but I'm considering dispacthing Live 5.1. if it sounds worse. I'm concerned with game and movie performance of these cards cause i have a seperate card for recording.

Audigy Value lacks the EMU10k2 processsor found on better Audigy cards, instead has a CA-0106 chip. It supports software based EAX 3.0.

Though it's an older card, Sound Blaster Live has EMU10k1 processor and supports EAX 1.0.

Does the lack of EMU processor makes Audigy Value to sound worse? Which card is more advanced?
June 17, 2008 3:21:34 AM

I'm running Vista now so I stick with Audigy Value but in case I get back to XP I may use Live 5.1. but I'm considering dispacthing Live 5.1. if it sounds worse.
June 17, 2008 7:28:17 PM

Thanks for your kind help but I really want to know which one is technically more advanced.
Related resources
June 19, 2008 9:49:31 PM

Yeah, I've got an idea. Why don't you get off your lazy behind and do a Google search like you should have done a couple of days ago? Spec sheets and reviews are available; download them and read them. And if you don't completely trust what you've read, try the cards out in a computer and see which one you like the best. Sheesh.

Do you actually expect people to do your research for you on a couple of outdated sound cards? What a numbnut.
June 19, 2008 10:28:08 PM

I wasn't able to find a review mentioning a comparison of that cards.
!