MSVCr100_CLR0400.dll error

ThatssoChris

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hello.

Recently, when I tried to install Games for Windows Live, and now my Razer Death Adder software (Synapse 2.0) the installs both appeared to go smooth, but when I go to open them I get the error

RzSynapse.exe (or GWFL.exe) - Bad Image:

C:\Windows\System32\MSVCr100_CLR0400.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I have removed the Dll, replaced it with another copy, same error. I have removed the .dll from the folder entirely, and I still get the same error. It would seem to me that if I removed it, the error would at the very least change if they were actually dependant on the file.

Most solutions involve running Gmer, which I did, and it found no rootkit, and did a full system scan with Mcafee, and that gave me no issues found.

Any suggestions?

If you are concerned about rootkits, get professional help from a removal expert. Join the forum at Malwarebytes.org or Bleepingcomputer.com.