HELP pleaseee video speed slows down then returns to normal randomly

noobyfornow11

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
i recently built my system
680i lt motherboard
8600 gt triple x edition
q6600factory clocked(ticked with it a couple of time but then returned everything to default)
windows xp
4gb ram

umm yea i had my system for a couple months now and it's great but recently it's been acting funny with this one thing
when i play videos, at random the speed will slow down like someone slowed it down and like the music and the video are like played in slomo but after 1-2 seconds it returns to normal
i don't think it's wireless conection because it's not only online videos and i don't think it has anything to do with the audio part of the motherboard becase the video also slows down

anyone with help is appreciated thank you!!!!

noobyfornow11

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
how would i reinstall codecs and it's not on a certain video player it could be youtube, nero , windows mediaplayer and on all they slow down

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006

Install something like FFDShow and the latest version of DiVX.

Also make sure your video card drivers are up to date. Since you have 4GB of RAM installed did you make the registry change to allow XP to fully utilize the RAM?

blacksci

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Only if hes using 64 will he want to disabled file paging, if hes using a 32 bit os, hes in for some possible headaches if he tries to let the computer access all 4 gigs, i run four gigs with vista and its smooth sailing, it only uses 3.5, but oh well.

noobyfornow11

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
i installed it and it didn't do anything and i realized it's not just videos it's like music too and idk what to do with that ffdshow thing i just instaled and stuff do i have to set anything with it?