Sign in with
Your question

No Imaging Device in Device Manager

Last response: in Windows Vista
October 8, 2012 4:58:18 AM

I have an hp dv5-1235dx. The integrated webcam is no longer working. I have been to various sites/links, etc. including the hp support. When I go to the Device Manager, there is no category for Imaging Devices. Under the USB Controllers, there are a bunch of things listed (many duplicates), but nothing that sounds like it would be connected to the webcam.

I added the part about the USB Controllers b/c several of the sites had said to look there too, but I don't know if that matters b/c the webcam is built in. It is supposed to be an HP MediaSmart Webcam (which is not so smart if you ask me, since it just up and died).

The hp support site does not really explain anything, and I tried downloading some of their fixes. Any idea how to get the webcam back???
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
October 8, 2012 8:58:20 AM

hstobbs said:
I have an hp dv5-1235dx. The integrated webcam is no longer working. I have been to various sites/links, etc. including the hp support. When I go to the Device Manager, there is no category for Imaging Devices. Under the USB Controllers, there are a bunch of things listed (many duplicates), but nothing that sounds like it would be connected to the webcam.

I added the part about the USB Controllers b/c several of the sites had said to look there too, but I don't know if that matters b/c the webcam is built in. It is supposed to be an HP MediaSmart Webcam (which is not so smart if you ask me, since it just up and died).

The hp support site does not really explain anything, and I tried downloading some of their fixes. Any idea how to get the webcam back???

If it was working recently (like a day or two ago) You could Windows restore to then. (Backup your documents etc before restoring). Something, hardware, software installation or Vista update may have changed the Driver for the Cam. Have Windows Media Player ? - Try reinstalling it using all defaults. Then look in imaging devices.
m
l
!