Sign in with
Your question

Once entered and saved, is there a way to revoke a computer from accessing a net

Last response: in Windows XP
September 11, 2010 12:43:42 PM

Windows XP SP3: Once entered and saved, is there a way to revoke a computer from accessing a networked computer (ie you have to re-enter the ID/PW to get access to this network resource?

I accessed a NAS over the network (or any networked computer) and accidentally saved the ID and PW. Now every time I access this NAS from my network places I have free access to the drive.

Is there a way to remove that access so you have to re-enter the ID and PW each time you access that networked drive?

Thanks!
a b 8 Security
September 12, 2010 4:03:39 PM

rick27607 said:
Windows XP SP3: Once entered and saved, is there a way to revoke a computer from accessing a networked computer (ie you have to re-enter the ID/PW to get access to this network resource?

I accessed a NAS over the network (or any networked computer) and accidentally saved the ID and PW. Now every time I access this NAS from my network places I have free access to the drive.

Is there a way to remove that access so you have to re-enter the ID and PW each time you access that networked drive?

Thanks!

Click on My Network Places and delete all the shortcuts. That should mean a new connection has to be created which will require the full procedure.
m
l
!