Sign in with
Your question

Microsoft XP Home Edition Version 2002 which service pack to use with

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
September 11, 2010 10:00:12 PM

Hello, I'm running the Home Edition Version 2002 and ever since I downloaded Service Pack 3, I have had nothing but BIG PROBLEMS. Is SP3 compatible with this version or should I still be useing SP2. I've slowed considerably, jumping, lagging, skipping, help??? Thank you!
September 13, 2010 4:42:30 PM

SP3 should be fine with with any build of XP. Check for updated drivers for your hardware and video/music players.
m
l
September 13, 2010 4:58:22 PM

I have yet to see a reasonable justification for SP3.

I have seen many post right here from people who had a perfectly good running XP until they installed SP3 and then their world was turned upside down.

There must be something good in SP3, but I haven't found it yet, so I avoid it. I hate to think that the only valid reason for SP3 will be when the likes of Adobe or Autodesk refuse to install unless SP3 is present. I don't surrender to extortion gracefully.

Can anyone state a valid reason for SP3? What does it do to enhance the experience of XP? What is anyone missing because they stayed with SP2?
m
l
Related resources
September 13, 2010 5:06:06 PM

I've run across many programs that want SP3 to run properly, encryption, system utilities, basically anything that was written to excpect a certain version of certain files. Which in the business world is quite a few things.

However for general home use, most people will be fine with running Win98, never mind XP.
m
l
September 13, 2010 5:16:26 PM

See, it's extortion. They are saying "Either install SP3 or our shite isn't going to work."
I have my own reply for them.....
[:tigsounds:1]
m
l
!