i found my case!...now i just need help finding something out about it

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
preferably the type that tells me where i can order it tonight, but i don't see it anywhere, so i'm sure i'll have to go with when i can order it and how much. i just purchased every new component for a new build with the release of the gtx 280, except for the case. i wonder if my current case could be emptied, cleaned and used as a temporary house?

thanks for anything.

pcgamer12

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Honestly, I think Lian-Li cases are over rated. They costs way too much >300 sometimes. But if you like high end cases then go for it. I would just get a good case with lots of positive reviews on Newegg that costs about 1/2 or 1/3 of those Lian-Li. Look at Antec, Cooler Master, Thermal Take.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
call me crazy here, but what about this as a possibility. until the lian li that i want is available for purchase, what if i went to someone else's house where i could use their computer and their internet (as i've seen all kinds of advice in reviews of cases and i might need some emergency help from you guys during the build!) and i take all of the parts out of the old antec full tower i'm using, clean up all the dust etc. (suggestions on how to safely do that?) and i put the new build in there until the lian li case comes out. when it does, if i still really want the case, i buy it and transfer all of the parts over to it (shouldn't be that bad, easier than original assembly and no software issues right?)

Hmmmmmmmmm...... 26.7 inches tall?
Wow - from a HTPC case to a super size full tower server case. Didn't see that coming.
I see you finally found a case that will fit the Zalman 1000W PSU and any 3 or more 16 1/2 inch long video cards you happen to find.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
sure, i'm building a new system from scratch. haven't built in five years. i'm running a hand me down 5600 (i think) card from a friend at lan parties and i've been the butt of jokes and the cause of all problems for a few years now. could have built in april, but wanted to wait for the latest greatest card. when i could get my hands on the gtx 280 ftw, i built the new system.

some people don't think the card is worth it, but i just got a gateway xhd3000 to go with it (to upgrade from my ten year old 17" crt) and i didn't want the previous card, i wanted the new one. i budgeted out a new system and had 6 to 7 hundred in the budget for the new card. if you don't have the money for the new card and want to get the older 9800x2, i don't have any problem with that, but i wanted the newest, latest, greatest and it was within my budget. in a few years, i'll add another gtx 280 and run them in sli instead of quad 9800.