Sign in with
Your question

Cannot see files when i extract them.?

Last response: in Windows Vista
October 12, 2012 7:33:45 AM

Hi there.

I have many compressed files with loads of my very important pictures in them... however when i try to extract them the folder appears however when i open the folder it says 'Folder is empty' however when i click the folders properties it says there is 'x' amount of files contained in the folder.. the pictures are there i just cant see them :/ ...

also they do not appear when i view hidden files either..

please someone help me.

thanks

Riz

More about : files extract

October 12, 2012 3:13:56 PM

Uncompress the files to the drive, create a Linux Boot CD http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Boot from that CD, browse to where the files are, can you see them then and open them? If you can, copy them out to an external drive, boot to Windows again, and see if you can read the files off that drive.
m
l
October 12, 2012 3:38:57 PM

Thank you so much for your reply i will try this... and i will see if this works.

What is the linux boot CD? is it the same as a Herrien CD?
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2012 4:36:08 PM

Riz2612 said:
Thank you so much for your reply i will try this... and i will see if this works.

What is the linux boot CD? is it the same as a Herrien CD?

Not exactly the same, just boots to a Linux operating system.
m
l
October 13, 2012 7:27:31 PM

yep i figured out that the files were actully just hidde lol thaks so much for ur helppp
m
l
October 15, 2012 1:44:19 PM

Riz2612 said:
yep i figured out that the files were actully just hidde lol thaks so much for ur helppp

That would have been the first thing to check but you said you looked for hidden files already.
m
l
October 15, 2012 2:48:40 PM

yes i apolojize turns out i did not look at hidden files properly... sorry about that.. thank you for help.
m
l
!