Vista Business Client Installs Network Printer, but doesn't list it

ddixonr

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I have installed this Brother MFC on several Vista Biz workstations, but one. This just so happens to be the one guy that doesn't have admin rights to his machine. I run every wizard as administrator, and put in the credentials, and the printer seems to install just fine- find it the directory, install driver, select default, test page, and finish, but no printer. Where did it go? I try to install it again, but it says it's already installed. And before the wiseguys jump in, yes, I've restarted.

Solution
Have you tried giving him admin rights then removing them when it's installed? Remember when you run a process as another user, it is actually run as that user. If this is a network printer, they are installed on a per-user basis. The printer is probably installed, but under the admin account you used.

I've only seen the "wise guy" comments from newbies to the forum, or when they are really really really, deserved ! The responders on this forum try to help the OPS. Did you solve this issue from 4 days ago ?

Have you tried giving him admin rights then removing them when it's installed? Remember when you run a process as another user, it is actually run as that user. If this is a network printer, they are installed on a per-user basis. The printer is probably installed, but under the admin account you used.

Solution

ddixonr

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Got it. Thanks!