Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Sound not working after OS reinstall!!!!

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 12, 2010 3:00:03 AM

ok i just reinstalled windows xp. i cannot hear any sounds now. my computer doesnt dectect my speakers. it doesnt show any audio device. it was working fine before i reinstalled. help anyone??
September 12, 2010 3:02:34 AM

You need your Sound Drivers. What is the make/model of your computer? If you don't know this (if its custom) then download CPUID and check the model of your motherboard, once you have that, post it back to us and we'll help you locate the drivers.
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:04:58 AM

my computer is a dell dimension 1100 and i tried to download the drivers for sound at dell.com but it wouldt work the only driver that had an error. i dont kno much about computers thank you for your help.
Score
0
Related resources
September 12, 2010 3:05:32 AM

danielray06 said:
my computer is a dell dimension 1100 and i tried to download the drivers for sound at dell.com but it wouldt work the only driver that had an error. i dont kno much about computers thank you for your help.


OK, give me a second I'll try to find the drivers for you.
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:06:32 AM

thank you god XD
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:09:39 AM

Was this the driver you tried?
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx...

If so, then the problem may be that you have an add-on sound card. If this is the case, then you would need to open up the PC case, and check to see if you can get a make/model of the soundcard, and post back to us.

But in the mean time, if you haven't tried the driver above, then do so. Just download it, it would auto locate where it needs to be installed and extract the file, once you've done that, follow the instructions (useally next, next and next) and it may ask you to reboot your computer. After that, your sound should be working.
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:13:29 AM

godbrother said:
Was this the driver you tried?
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx...

If so, then the problem may be that you have an add-on sound card. If this is the case, then you would need to open up the PC case, and check to see if you can get a make/model of the soundcard, and post back to us.

But in the mean time, if you haven't tried the driver above, then do so. Just download it, it would auto locate where it needs to be installed and extract the file, once you've done that, follow the instructions (useally next, next and next) and it may ask you to reboot your computer. After that, your sound should be working.


Error. Unable to retrieve the requested information.


Note:This error may occur if an invalid URL (broken link) was used to request this page.

If you came to this page from another area on Dell's website, please click on the [+] Feedback link located in the footer of this page to notify Dell's Webmaster Support team of the error you have encountered.

If you used a personal bookmark or came to this page from non-Dell web site, please update your bookmarks or inform other site about the broken link.

your link didnt work?
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:14:46 AM

godbrother said:
Was this the driver you tried?
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx...

If so, then the problem may be that you have an add-on sound card. If this is the case, then you would need to open up the PC case, and check to see if you can get a make/model of the soundcard, and post back to us.

But in the mean time, if you haven't tried the driver above, then do so. Just download it, it would auto locate where it needs to be installed and extract the file, once you've done that, follow the instructions (useally next, next and next) and it may ask you to reboot your computer. After that, your sound should be working.


if i open my case up what would my sound card look like where is it at??
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:17:28 AM

and i tried the only audio download they had for my computer at dell . it wouldnt download it says something about the download being corrupt try again but when i try again it still doesnt work
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:33:02 AM

godbrother said:
Was this the driver you tried?
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx...

If so, then the problem may be that you have an add-on sound card. If this is the case, then you would need to open up the PC case, and check to see if you can get a make/model of the soundcard, and post back to us.

But in the mean time, if you haven't tried the driver above, then do so. Just download it, it would auto locate where it needs to be installed and extract the file, once you've done that, follow the instructions (useally next, next and next) and it may ask you to reboot your computer. After that, your sound should be working.

so i have my case open what exactly am i looking for????
Score
0
September 12, 2010 3:51:59 AM

Hmm, I'll download the file, and upload it to a file hoster and post you the link. Please try this file first, before going and opening up the machine, if this dosen't work, I'll guide you through what to look for in the PC.
Score
0
September 12, 2010 4:14:58 AM

godbrother said:
Hmm, I'll download the file, and upload it to a file hoster and post you the link. Please try this file first, before going and opening up the machine, if this dosen't work, I'll guide you through what to look for in the PC.

ok well i tried the link didnt work lets try the file hoster one
Score
0
September 12, 2010 4:17:11 AM

godbrother said:
Hmm, I'll download the file, and upload it to a file hoster and post you the link. Please try this file first, before going and opening up the machine, if this dosen't work, I'll guide you through what to look for in the PC.

and i think that my sound card is built into my motherboard???maybe...looked for it by the sound ports on the back of computer but i didnt see any names or nothin
Score
0
September 12, 2010 4:27:55 AM

danielray06 said:
and i think that my sound card is built into my motherboard???maybe...looked for it by the sound ports on the back of computer but i didnt see any names or nothin


heres the link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7ktbv

Let me know if it works. [click download on the bottom]
Score
0
September 12, 2010 4:33:17 AM

godbrother said:
heres the link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7ktbv

Let me know if it works. [click download on the bottom]

it says my computer dosent support it it downloaded but wouldnt setup
Score
0
September 12, 2010 4:33:17 AM

godbrother said:
heres the link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7ktbv

Let me know if it works. [click download on the bottom]

it says my computer dosent support it it downloaded but wouldnt setup
Score
0
September 12, 2010 8:45:25 AM

danielray06 said:
it says my computer dosent support it it downloaded but wouldnt setup


You can try using
1) window update & choose custom mode & let window find the driver for you or
2) Go to device manager and click sound,video and game controller. On this expand it & choose the sound device(according to your built in sound card). Click driver and click update driver. Try & let me know.
Cheers
Score
0
September 12, 2010 10:39:29 PM

munyc said:
You can try using
1) window update & choose custom mode & let window find the driver for you or
2) Go to device manager and click sound,video and game controller. On this expand it & choose the sound device(according to your built in sound card). Click driver and click update driver. Try & let me know.
Cheers

windows update is not gna be an option for me......and i cant seem to find what your talking about ...
Score
0

Best solution

September 13, 2010 4:48:10 PM

danielray06 said:
ok i just reinstalled windows xp. i cannot hear any sounds now. my computer doesnt dectect my speakers. it doesnt show any audio device. it was working fine before i reinstalled. help anyone??


You need all the drivers installed, including chipset, SMBus, etc.
I found where someone has posted a complete set of drivers for that machine
HERE.
Share
September 13, 2010 6:21:36 PM

tigsounds said:
You need all the drivers installed, including chipset, SMBus, etc.
I found where someone has posted a complete set of drivers for that machine
HERE.

ok ima download it can u walk me thru what else i have to do plz?
Score
0
September 13, 2010 6:33:12 PM

tigsounds said:
You need all the drivers installed, including chipset, SMBus, etc.
I found where someone has posted a complete set of drivers for that machine
HERE.

OMFG I THINK IT WORKED......man i love you!!!!!lmao ty sosososososososososo very much your awesome dont kno wat i would do without u man your a freakin genius :p 
Score
0
September 13, 2010 6:34:00 PM

Best answer selected by danielray06.
Score
0
September 13, 2010 6:55:42 PM

danielray06 said:
OMFG I THINK IT WORKED......man i love you!!!!!lmao ty sosososososososososo very much your awesome dont kno wat i would do without u man your a freakin genius :p 



Simple, forward a copy of this to badge. [:tigsounds]
Score
0
September 13, 2010 11:08:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!