Can't see my HDD anymore!! Please Help me!!

beetlejud

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Hello Everybody!

First of all, sorry about my English!

So.. I have a super huge problem. My computer was working fine for like 2 years until Sunday. That's when I checked my computer and saw a message: Windows was unable to save file: D: /... etc.. (I'm sorry I didn't write it down.). It froze down. I couldn't do anything. I had to Reset the computer, but since that time the computer is unable to see my D: hard drive, which is a Seagate.

You should know my configuration:
I have a Compaq Presario SR1911X with 2 hard drives. One is for the Windows XP: Samsung SP2004C, the other one is for all my data (photos, music, emails, everything!): Seagate ST3200826AS. This is the one which is not working.

I took my computer apart and tried to change the cabels, just to see if it's a cabel problem. It's not. And I can hear that the HDD has power because it gives me the sound.. But the only problem, that the computer doesn't recognize it anymore.

Please Please Please people, help me!!!! I don't want to loose all my data, expecially my photos. Also, I don't have the money to get it to a data recovery comptany.

Thank you! :eek: :sweat:

Solution
Download from the Seagate website their free utility, Seatools. It is available in several forms. You may want to download and install on your C: drive the version that runs under Windows - just read the notes carefully to decide which version to get.

Seatools is a package of several diagnostic tools that will check your drive, and most of them will NOT harm any data you have on it. BUT read the instructions carefully to verify that the particular test you propose to run is non-destructive. There are even a few tools that can fix some simple problems. Anyway, these should tell you whether you have any problems with the hardware itself. If you do, Seagate Tech Support is the place to go for help, including data recovery - push for free...

beetlejud

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009

this is a seagate sata drive. i tried to connect it to another computer via sata cable but it didn't see the drive either

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Download from the Seagate website their free utility, Seatools. It is available in several forms. You may want to download and install on your C: drive the version that runs under Windows - just read the notes carefully to decide which version to get.

Seatools is a package of several diagnostic tools that will check your drive, and most of them will NOT harm any data you have on it. BUT read the instructions carefully to verify that the particular test you propose to run is non-destructive. There are even a few tools that can fix some simple problems. Anyway, these should tell you whether you have any problems with the hardware itself. If you do, Seagate Tech Support is the place to go for help, including data recovery - push for free help on that if you need it. If you do not have a hardware problem, search through these forums for items about Partition Recovery. Some of those tools from third parties can help you diagnose the software problem and fix them.

Solution