Sign in with
Your question

CHEAP Aud2zs or X-fi

Last response: in Components
June 18, 2008 4:47:44 PM

Quite the dilemma.. [from ebay], I can buy a BRAND NEW Audigy 2 ZS Platinum for 1 dollar (and 15 dollars shipping). Nobody has bidded yet and there's 2 days remaining.

Or

an x-fi xtreme music/gamer for slightly more money (40-ish).

I have Sony MDR-v6 headphones, and I'm aware that X-fi's are very good for headphones. But how much better is it than an Audigy 2 zs platinum?

More about : cheap aud2zs

June 18, 2008 5:02:37 PM

I wouldnt buy an outdated product.
Go Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, best card in the market.
June 18, 2008 5:29:39 PM

Too much money. BETWEEN these two?..
June 18, 2008 5:57:16 PM

I'd go with the Xfi XtremeMusic, if you can find one. The XtremeMusic is a great card with better connections over the XFi Gamer. The Gamer doesn't have the internal connections for live drive, etc. I just got one on clearance at Office Depot for $50 B&M. It was brand new. Creative is also supposed to offer Dolby Digital Live support to Xfi owners in the future for $10. I don't think they are going to offer it to Audigy owners. Keep it in mind if DDL is important to you. The Prelude is likely the best card, but its $180. It's a trade off

June 18, 2008 6:08:45 PM

Awh. Office Depot only sells Xtreme Audio cards, which I will never buy.
June 19, 2008 6:08:10 PM

I agree, the XtremeAudio is terrible. But Office Depot is clearing out the Xfi XtremeMusic cards. It's totally B&M, YMMV. It's definitely worth a look. They will be in with the Red Tag clearance items, if your Office Depot has any left. My Office Depot had them for $50 and some Audigy4's for $40. Someone on Fat Wallet got an XtremeMusic for $30. Mine was brand new, retail. Not trying to steer ya wrong.

Here's some info.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/834525/
June 25, 2008 10:00:04 PM

slim142 said:
I wouldnt buy an outdated product.
Go Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, best card in the market.

Slim, that's not fair what's an Auzzy X-Fi Prelude cost, hmmm?
!