Hard drive Problems

Czimmy

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hey guys i've been waiting to build a new comp for quite some time now but instead my brother offered me his 1 year old gaming rig. Everything just got cleaned and checked that it worked before he took his hard drive out and brought it over. When he got here i took my hard drive and hooked everything up! Start it up and it begins to load and gets to the windows 7 logo with the orbs spinning and freezes. We tried again and again making sure that we didn't have something wrong. It froze everytime and he had to leave before i could find out more problems. Any help is greatly appreciated! thank you

It freezes around the time when the system hands over graphics to thee higher end from the base display it starts off with so you need his hard disk back to transfer over all the contents of the driver folders and c:\windows\inf in to your disk, after first removing your equivalent folders.

After you plug in your hard-drive, you need to re-install Windows. A Repair setup should be able to do it, then load the drivers for the hardware to the system. You can't just swap in a hard-drive from a different computer and have it work, at least most of the time.