How to delite,without delete folder.

August 13, 2005 10:34:00 AM

Hi,

I read in this newsgroup, that there is a way to delete stuff..directly..
without putting it first in the ...Delete folder...
Would somebody remind me ? Thanks . Phil .
OS: Windows xp, with all the latest updates.

More about : delite delete folder

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 11:28:49 AM

Hi Phil,

Shift+delete will bypass the Recycle Bin.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"phil" <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> wrote in message
news:o eBA9J$nFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> Hi,
>
> I read in this newsgroup, that there is a way to delete stuff..directly..
> without putting it first in the ...Delete folder...
> Would somebody remind me ? Thanks . Phil .
> OS: Windows xp, with all the latest updates.

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 3:32:42 PM

In addition...

Right click Recycle Bin | Properties | Global tab |
Do not move files to the Recycle Bin.
Remove files immediately when deleted.
[[Specifies whether the items you delete are immediately removed from your
hard disk or the items you delete are moved to the Recycle Bin. Items moved
to the Recycle Bin are not removed from your hard disk until you empty the
Recycle Bin.]]

Display delete confirmation dialog
[[Specifies whether a confirmation message is displayed when you delete
files to prevent you from deleting files in error. If the Do not move files
to the Recycle Bin check box is selected, you cannot change this setting.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o eBA9J$nFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
phil <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
>
> I read in this newsgroup, that there is a way to delete stuff..directly..
> without putting it first in the ...Delete folder...
> Would somebody remind me ? Thanks . Phil .
> OS: Windows xp, with all the latest updates.
August 13, 2005 7:44:24 PM

Great Info, It works. Thanks to both. Phil
!