How to delite,without delete folder.

Hi,

I read in this newsgroup, that there is a way to delete stuff..directly..
without putting it first in the ...Delete folder...
Would somebody remind me ? Thanks . Phil .
OS: Windows xp, with all the latest updates.
3 answers Last reply
More about delite without delete folder

    Hi Phil,

    Shift+delete will bypass the Recycle Bin.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "phil" <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I read in this newsgroup, that there is a way to delete stuff..directly..
    > without putting it first in the ...Delete folder...
    > Would somebody remind me ? Thanks . Phil .
    > OS: Windows xp, with all the latest updates.

    In addition...

    Right click Recycle Bin | Properties | Global tab |
    Do not move files to the Recycle Bin.
    Remove files immediately when deleted.
    [[Specifies whether the items you delete are immediately removed from your
    hard disk or the items you delete are moved to the Recycle Bin. Items moved
    to the Recycle Bin are not removed from your hard disk until you empty the
    Recycle Bin.]]

    Display delete confirmation dialog
    [[Specifies whether a confirmation message is displayed when you delete
    files to prevent you from deleting files in error. If the Do not move files
    to the Recycle Bin check box is selected, you cannot change this setting.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OeBA9J$nFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    phil <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read in this newsgroup, that there is a way to delete stuff..directly..
    > without putting it first in the ...Delete folder...
    > Would somebody remind me ? Thanks . Phil .
    > OS: Windows xp, with all the latest updates.

    Great Info, It works. Thanks to both. Phil

Newsgroup Microsoft Windows XP