New build and Windows Vista oem?

Hi im building a new build. And i have to buy new windows since my old pc had oem (HP Pavilion) My question is can i buy a OEM License and use it on my new build?

P.S i was trying to find an answer but i couldnt

Thank you
12 answers Last reply
More about build windows vista
  1. Buy windows 7 oem from newegg for your new build. < http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^
  2. Alright thank you for your answer i really appreciate it ! it solves all my problems :)
  3. Your welcome thanks for joining the forum!
  4. i have another question actually do Windows Vista oem and Windows 7 oem are the same because i heard that you have to buy oem with a piece of equipment like a motherboard to run it, is that true?
  5. Buy from newegg!No you don't need to purchase hardware with it.
  6. i live in ireland we dont have newegg ^^ windows 7 oem here is about 120 euro which is bit expensive im trying to find stuff on ebay but a lot of them sell oem licenses with some piece of hardwere
  7. ebay < majority is counterfeit
  8. I never buy Microsoft Software on ebay.Look at the sellers feedback real good if you do.
  9. My question is can i activate US windows in uk/ireland?
  10. Not online but phone activation may work.
  11. Alright thats all thanks alot
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista OEM New Build