New build and Windows Vista oem?

krysti98

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Hi im building a new build. And i have to buy new windows since my old pc had oem (HP Pavilion) My question is can i buy a OEM License and use it on my new build?

P.S i was trying to find an answer but i couldnt

Thank you

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Buy windows 7 oem from newegg for your new build. < http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^

krysti98

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
i have another question actually do Windows Vista oem and Windows 7 oem are the same because i heard that you have to buy oem with a piece of equipment like a motherboard to run it, is that true?

krysti98

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
i live in ireland we dont have newegg ^^ windows 7 oem here is about 120 euro which is bit expensive im trying to find stuff on ebay but a lot of them sell oem licenses with some piece of hardwere