This can't be good..............

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
It's the Inq, take all they say with a truckload of salt (and some pepper too).

Just wait until the reputable sites do their reviews.

kenratboy

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
How is it they rocked it so hard with the 8800, and they are pretty 'meh' with the 9xxx, and it looks like this may not be so great.

ATI, here is your chance!

xx12amanxx

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007

First of all that article sounde like a rant.

Second to your question...Competition keep's companies innovative and on there toes,Nvidia has not had alot of that lately they may have fallen off track alittle who know's? All i can say is thing's like do happen but no one can say in this instance.

jusomdude

Distinguished
May 19, 2007

It's funny how many people say stuff like this and much of their news turns out to be real.

Sir Crono wrote:
"It's the Inq, take all they say with a truckload of salt (and some pepper too).

Just wait until the reputable sites do their reviews. "

The important thing is, "Just wait until the reputable sites do their reviews on retail parts."

jusomdude wrote:
"It's funny how many people say stuff like this and much of their news turns out to be real."

Fling enough dung onto the walls and some of it will stick.

Well the way i see it is that and increase in competitiveness by ATI can only be good for the consumer no matter how it comes about. Some people just want the best fastest no matter what the cost, so if these boards are as small of an increase as the rumours say they will still have a market.
I see similaraties in this and what happened when the 8800 cards came out, the 1900 cards were top of the pile and Nvidia were trying to make ground on them with dual cards, then the 8800 cards came out and ATI found themselves all at sea.(The m$ DX10 bollix didnt help here though) If its all true then its just the usual swing happening again.
Mactronix

bah ati's 2900XT was doing worse from the start, and wtf bankruptcy? this is a load of BS, the card is going to be faster obviously, but efficency, sure that might be another thing but with the modern day fanbois getting the companies going they got nothing to worry about.

So let me get this straight. Were are targeting the maker of the fastest gaming video cards you can buy because:
ATI, after more than a year, is finally releasing a "new" video card that will.....for around $300 mind you, compete will Nvidia's mid-high end cards....like the GTS G92, which can be bought now for less than $170.
So am I missing something??? Sounds like yet another late, expensive lackluster effort by ATI to me. So what if Nvidia is having a few setbacks with their new stuff?
It's not like the competition is pressuring them, they have all the time in world to get things in order.

@jitpublisher
No not really its more the same dissapointed rantings that happened when people were expecting the 2900 to kick but because the numbers were so much bigger and it didnt. Its just this time its the Nvidia end users who have had enough of repeatedly being prommised increased performance that hasnt turned up. The main differance between the two occasions as far as i can see is that while ATI were trying to get performance and couldnt,Nvidia seem to have sat on their laurals for too long. As TGGA has said earlier(differant thread) if its not 100% right after having so long to perfect it then they deserve all the critisism they get.
Remember though all this is still speculation untill the official figures are out.
Mactronix

The article is mostly repeating what other articles and news have already mentioned about the first run, the 65nm, of the GT200 being too hot and power hungry and the nVidia is moving to correct those issues with a die shrink to 55nm.

It does suck for nVidia that the first run may not sell as well as the 55nm versions, but that does not necessarily mean that the 65nm cards will be a bomb. Until independent sites have run some benches and reviews it's all speculation. Heck, for all we know nVidia needs the 55nm die shrink to remain competitive with ATI's soon to be released 4850 and 4870.