Sign in with
Your question

XP use IE 7 or 8?

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
September 12, 2010 7:24:50 PM

Hello, I have Windows XP, Version 2000, Service Pak 3, IE Version 6. Can IE 7 or 8 be downloaded? Would one be recommended over another? I am not computer literate and use a phone line.

Thanks to Tree Frog also.

More about : question

September 13, 2010 3:40:33 PM

Oh wow, why dialup?????? I sure hope your using it because you have to, dsl is almost the same price as dialup. wow

Anyway :) 
Go with 8, the whole reason for updating a product is to fix issues with it and make things better. Like a car, you dont drive a 78 ford pinto just because " you are so used to driving it", you get a better one because its safer and easier to use.

If you want to do some research on it, I highly recommend Opera instead of Internet Explorer. Opera has been around for a long time now and there is an option in the browser that allows you to get your internet pages much faster, even on a slow connection. Opera will process the internet page that you are trying to view on their on servers and then send you the processed page in a much smaller and easier way for you connection to load. Go look into it and practice your googling skills. Seriously though, go type a question into the google search bar and it will help you out :) 
September 15, 2010 5:44:25 AM

Quote:
Hello, I have Windows XP, Version 2000, Service Pak 3, IE Version 6. Can IE 7 or 8 be downloaded? Would one be recommended over another? I am not computer literate and use a phone line.

Thanks to Tree Frog also.

I would go with Opera , is much faster ... and the "turbo" mode , will decrease the details for each page, so the page will load faster ...
!