jcorqian

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
The PSU is not something I normally think about, as I have been going with a single 9800 GTX for awhile and planned to step up to the GTX280. However, I have decided that going SLI 9800's is the way to go. I am confident my PSU is good enough to run SLI, but it only came with a 6 pin and an 8 pin connector. Is there any way I can get more 6 pin connectors? I have some MOLE (or whatever its called) adapters, but I'd rather just get more pins.

Hi there, I got the exact same PSU and GPU and I have the same issue.

So was it possible to hook up two 9800GTXs in Sli with this PSU?

The cable referenced in my last post was for a single PCI-e 6 pin connector. The recommendation was based on the original post indicating that the psu only had one PCI-e 6 pin connector .

I just took a quick look at the photos and specifications for the psu. Since it is SLI certified it comes with a standard 6-pin PCI-e power cable and a 6+2 pin PCI-e power cable which can be used as either a 6-pin or 8-pin cable. It works just like a 20+4 pin motherboard power cable. You do not need another cable or a cable splitter to run in SLI mode. You are all set and ready to go.

My apologies for missing that.