Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

amd 5000+ blackedition temp is 60C in stock,is it ok?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 19, 2008 6:58:47 AM

amd 5000+ blackedition temp is 60C in stock,is it ok?
my mobo is abit AN78GS.
June 19, 2008 7:13:41 AM

60C is a little bit hot at stock. What cooler are you using on it?
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2008 7:45:15 AM

60C???
is that the cpus idle temp or load temp.
ma friends 5000BE runs at 38C idle and 57C at load.cpu@2.8GHz
if its idle temp, then thats way too high.check if ur cooler is placed properly.
Related resources
June 19, 2008 8:02:05 AM

Quote:
amd 5000+ blackedition temp is 60C in stock,is it ok?
my mobo is abit AN78GS.


Nope
June 20, 2008 6:51:15 AM

my cooler is stock, i mean, i buy it seperate.
can thermaltake mini typ bring my 5000 to 3,4?
hehehehe...
coz i interest about this cooler
June 20, 2008 7:40:51 AM

3,4 Ghz... 3.4C ? Neither is possible!!

If you are using the stock cooler I would remove this. Lap the CPU heat-spreader and heatsink base to 1.000 gritt. Remove the heatsink fan and use a 120mm Arctic fan on a Zalman fan bracket. When installing the heatsink use a little pea of MX2 thermal compound and spread this with a (disposable) vinyl glove (or clingfilm if you are cheap!!)

I used this technique with my flatmates dual-core Opteron (socket 939) stock 1.8Ghz @ 2.8Ghz - it ran with a load temperature of 40C with CPU burn running on both cores (in a warm room).

Is stock cooler aluminum or copper? Does it have extra heatpipes? The old AMD socket 939 coolers were total beasts!! I take it your system is socket AM2 - right?

Like I said before your temperatures are total rubbish... Way too high. You aren't exactly running an Intel Smithfield or Prescott... :lol: 

Bob
June 20, 2008 12:41:27 PM

bobwya said:
3,4 Ghz... 3.4C ? Neither is possible!!

If you are using the stock cooler I would remove this. Lap the CPU heat-spreader and heatsink base to 1.000 gritt. Remove the heatsink fan and use a 120mm Arctic fan on a Zalman fan bracket. When installing the heatsink use a little pea of MX2 thermal compound and spread this with a (disposable) vinyl glove (or clingfilm if you are cheap!!)

I used this technique with my flatmates dual-core Opteron (socket 939) stock 1.8Ghz @ 2.8Ghz - it ran with a load temperature of 40C with CPU burn running on both cores (in a warm room).

Is stock cooler aluminum or copper? Does it have extra heatpipes? The old AMD socket 939 coolers were total beasts!! I take it your system is socket AM2 - right?

Like I said before your temperatures are total rubbish... Way too high. You aren't exactly running an Intel Smithfield or Prescott... :lol: 

Bob


sure they aren't that good but lets be real about the situation AMD's listed max temp for that processor is 72°C so if that's under full load he's honestly just fine if he wants to keep it at stock clock. However, if he wants to overclock it like I assume he does because he bought the black edition in the first place then he should absolutely seek better cooling.

My Point is tho that your numbers of 40C are very nice but don't give the guy the idea that he's way out there with what he's doing. A nice cooler and some MX2 or AS5 would do him well. No need to send him out to sand down the heatsink on his processor unless he's going for some serious overclocks.
June 20, 2008 9:02:31 PM

cybertecnoboy said:
my cooler is stock, i mean, i buy it seperate.

"stock" means *not* bought separate, but rather a cooler inside the CPU box. Exactly what cooler do you have?
Also, is your 60C CPU temp with the computer at idle, or under load?
June 21, 2008 3:32:31 AM

thank for all.
i want to buy a cooler.
big typhon or frezer 64 pro?
:) 
June 22, 2008 8:23:50 AM

cybertecnoboy said:
thank for all.
i want to buy a cooler.
big typhon or frezer 64 pro?
:) 


Hmmm... Get the Arctic cooler. :) 

Bob
June 23, 2008 1:45:12 PM

grizz86 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The arctic cooler is cool. But I got this sweet thermaltake cooler. Keep mine 26c@idle and 48c@full load with 25% overclock.


The "reviews" (cough, cough) say the Thermaltake fan is noisy on the very link you gave there... In my experience Thermaltake stuff is OK getting the job done but no more than that... (I have tried loads of their fans and one of their SilentTower type CPU coolers)

Also Arctic Cooling are the dog-bollox as they give 6 year warranty on their fans and they are the quietest I have used as well. That is the longest life of any fan out there (ball bearing fans are rated to 50,000 hours normally - however that includes something like 10,000 running very nosily without lubricant at the end-of-life!!)*
The Arctic CPU cooler range are all a steal at the price!!

Bob

*Except the slightly noiser, more powerful, very high quality NMB fans - these are not available with PWM regulation option though.
June 26, 2008 5:44:37 PM

BE does not come with a cooler. I will prefer it with a good cheap coolmaster TX2 (and together still under $100). Seems pointless to buy a 5000+BE and a stock cooler.

BTW, it matter much more if you suck fresh air from outside the case with an air duct directly to the cpu cooler.
July 19, 2008 9:22:58 PM

i have a amd black edition 5000+ with a gigabyte 3d rocket 2 its overclocked to 3ghz and runs under load at 49c
!