Computer Boots to Power Saving Mode

gravytrain

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Here's the computer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113088 I recently took it apart and put it back together. I got everything connected properly except for the power switch, I don't have a booklet for the amd 780g motherboard, and the diagram I found online doesn't match mine so I just plugged it into the red slot on the front panel connector. The computer boots up into power saving mode (The power button LED pulses like it's in sleep mode and when I turn the LG monitor on it shows the LG logo then it says that it's entering power saving mode and goes black) I checked all the cables and everything is plugged in, I don't know what the problem could be.

Normally entering power saving mode would indicate the cmos battery needs replacing, but in your case (taking apart & putting things back together) all bets are off. Try booting without the cmos battery.
restart your computer: it should now power up normally (you may get some warning messages during the start-up sequence, but ignore them);
set the date and time of your computer.
you can now use your computer normally, but you will lose date and time settings since there is no motherboard battery present to store them.

The computer is not in power saving mode, it's the monitor not getting a signal from the computer. That message is from the MONITOR not the computer. People make that mistake all the time.

The computer is not actually turning on or it is but not properly. Check it over and see how you have things connected.