ATI's Hot new PCI-e card is in stock on the Egg!!!!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102746

:pt1cable: Sorry, couldn't resist. But bet you haven't seen a PCI-e Radeon 9600 pro advertised before. Order 4 and they are shipped free. :whistle:
19 answers Last reply
More about card stock
  1. And OEMs too, vhadda deel dere boy Ill tell ya
  2. I'd like to know where newegg got those?
    Ati can't possibly be producing those chips anymore or could they?
  3. they were great cards. i used mine all through deus ex and hl1.
  4. Just like those silver dollars, probly found in a vault somewheres heheh
  5. Yep, the EVIL GOALIE has returned from the Grave.

Radeon 9600 forever!

And... finally you might be able to Xfire them. Quadfire R9600s, perfect reply to GF9600s in SLi. :D
  6. ;) Couldn't resist given the timing and all. Quad R 9600's for $100 shipped on a $300 mobo has got me ready to upgrade. :)
  7. total of 16 pixel pipes. hurray!
  8. Wont these take more power than my psu can produce?
  9. So are you saying that these are better than nvidia's 8800s? Atlast, Ati took the crown....(I hope you all know that I am joking.....)
  10. lmao, you guys are funny :lol:
  11. ^ :lol:

Btw, how bad/good are these 9600PRO's?
    edit: Found it:
    http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDU4LDcsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

Imo, not too bad for a $22 card. Should be good enough for some old games and 2D work.
  12. you couldn't possibly crossfire 4 of these cards...or could u?
  13. Sorry to spoil the fun but there is no crossfire tab.
  14. FrozenGpu said:
    you couldn't possibly crossfire 4 of these cards...or could u?

Possibly, but it would require rewriting the drivers to support it, just like it was hacked into the X700 and X300.
    Heck they were able to make it work in a fashion on the R300s, so even if these are RV3xx of some type (R9600 or X600) it would be something that would require rewriting of the drivers to make work smoothly.

Anonymous said:

Sorry to spoil the fun but there is no crossfire tab.

So? Nor is there one on the X1300, X1600, HD2400 or HD3450 yet they all do Xfire through the PCIe bus.
    Don't try to spoil the fun if you don't even know that.
  15. Learn something new everyday.

Let the fun continue.
  16. I own an agp 9600 pro, it`s a splendid card and managed all games I played since 2004.

but now, I`ll upgrade to a hole new system!
  17. TheGreatGrapeApe said:
    Possibly, but it would require rewriting the drivers to support it, just like it was hacked into the X700 and X300.
    Heck they were able to make it work in a fashion on the R300s, so even if these are RV3xx of some type (R9600 or X600) it would be something that would require rewriting of the drivers to make work smoothly.

So? Nor is there one on the X1300, X1600, HD2400 or HD3450 yet they all do Xfire through the PCIe bus.
    Don't try to spoil the fun if you don't even know that.

thnx great grape ape,

I only asked b/c i thought it odd how they have buying 4 would give free shipping, and was wondering if it was possible to quadfire these, just an afterthought though..
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards PCI Express ATI Radeon Graphics Product