BSOD upon installation

michael_92

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
hello,

I'm trying to help my friend install windows XP MCE on his pc.
However, everytime I try to install it I get the following Blue screen error message

STOP: 0x0000007B, 0x7c79524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

I've tried looking around the internet but I haven't found anything yet.
Please help.

Sincerely,

Michael.

michael_92

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I've allready done a complete hardware test, and not a single error has been found, I've even tried installing it from 3 different CD's. Still nothing.

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Try unplugging things on the motherboard that are not needed for the installation, like memory card readers, modem, things like that. Something is obviously causing an issue and now you just need to isolate it.

Also, you can try using a linux live cd. like ubuntu or linux mint. If you can load the cd and use everything in linux just fine then it is probably a windows compatibility issue or a hard drive issue.

But don't just go by what I say and call it a bad hdd, you need to be able to isolate issues and properly troubleshoot computers and use your own judgement.

You need hard drive controller drivers...Setup asked you to press the F6 key at the start of installation if you need to add drivers. There was your cure to add necessary drivers. for more information, go HERE.

If it has SATA drives, go to BIOS settings and change SATA configuration to "IDE" and maybe you won't need drivers to install Windows.

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

I totally forgot about that!!!!! ugh, and its always on those stupid Dell xps' with the btx mobo. BUTTTT!!!!!!! Whenever we had a raid driver that needed to be installed it would never give us a blue screen, it just wouldnt recognize the hdd during setup.

TRENDING THREADS