Urgent Help please!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • Desktops
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2008 11:53:45 PM

I'm installing a 9600 Gt right now in my desktop (on my laptop right now) everytime I start it up the card or something in the comp makes a beeping noises 3-4 times I'm not getting any picture and i'm really not sure what is wrong can anyone help me please

More about : urgent

May 31, 2008 12:02:19 AM

Have you installed the card correctly in the socket?
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2008 12:03:49 AM

Try reseating the card (take it out of the PCIE slot and be sure to firmly place it properly in the slot). be sure the 6 pin 12v power connector is attached from the PSU. You could possibly have a bad video card.
May 31, 2008 12:06:52 AM

I just put in the old one and it's still making the noise I don't think it's the card could something be wrong with my computer now?
May 31, 2008 12:10:03 AM

If your old one works and the 9600 doesn't, you've either gotten a dodgy card or your PSU isn't big enough.

EDIT:

Sorry i misread that; now neither card works? Make sure that the card clicks into place in the slot.
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2008 12:19:41 AM

Your MB is giving a beep code error meaning there is a problem with the video card being recognized (MB not properly detecting the video card). I would try resetting the CMOS jumper and and default the BIOS. Be sure to remove the battery and unplug the PSU when you reset the jumper. You should list your system specs, MB, PSU, CPU, etc.
May 31, 2008 12:24:23 AM

I'm really not familiar with any of this stuff It's a dell xps gen 5 I had a 6800 Gt i'm intsalling a 9600 gt it fit fine but now neither card works I also installed with that some new ram now neither of the ram works I'm getting long consecutive beeps everytime I turn on my computer I don't know what is wrong and it's really frustrating
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2008 12:31:38 AM

Well, you would want to put the old RAM back in as well as the 6800. If the system still gives the beep codes, I would try and reset the CMOS jumper. I'm not really that familiar with DELLs (BIOS, etc.) You MB is working. It's beeping!
!