New monitor hangs in sleep mode after reboot.

Jester2k4

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
The other day I upgraded my monitor from a 17-inch Dell LCD, to a Samsung 2053BW 20" Widescreen Monitor. When it came I just unplugged my old and plugged in the new one everything came up fine, I had to change the res. from 1024x768 to 1680 x 1050 but other than that I didnt have to do anything. Then today I restarted my computer for the first time since I got the new monitor, the BIOS load screen and Windows XP loading screen all came up like normal then when the windows log-in page should of came up the monitor just goes black and the blue 'on' light blinks like its in sleep mode. If I unplug the DVI cable for it from my video card and plug it right back in the screen comes on like it normally should. Is there a simple fix for this? I'd prefer to not have to keep plugging/unplugging that cable from my video card everytime. It does it with the Windowxs XP plug and play drivers and also the ones from the CD/samsung website.

lasttarget

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
I have a sceptre monitor and whenever the computer turned off the monitor after a period of time it wouldnt come back on unless i restarted the computer. I went back to on board video and now it works. Try switching the graphics card to see if the problem persists.

JackBNimble4

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
Jester,
I have the exact problem right now. Did you ever fix yours? All I have to do is to unplug the monitor from the computer and then plug it back in and it works fine. I've tried anything. Any recommendations?
JBN4

TRENDING THREADS