Question on overclocking with an Unlocked Multiplier

Ok, i have recently entered the world over Overclocking (alot of stuff to learn). And im trying to overclock my AMD 64 FX-62 to x16 multiplier or 3.2ghz. Well stock for the AMD is x14 or 2.8 and i turned it up to x15 last night, so now im hanging around 3.0ghz. Well today, (after running orthos for 8hrs overnight to show stability) i tried to turn it up to x16 on the multiplier. However when i did this the system loaded but Windows Vista failed to load. Am i doing something wrong?

My CPu volt is stock at 1.4v while my ram (2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM ) is set to run at 334.9 mhz. So..... do i need to up voltage? or do i need to change the HTT speed? I want to get to 3.2 and stop...I have good cooling with an aftermarker heatsink, so i dont think heat would be an issue.
5 answers Last reply
More about question overclocking unlocked multiplier
  1. up the voltage on cpu or ram? Really dont want to touch the ram or anything.
  2. they're talking about the CPU...
  3. ok i upded to cpu voltage to 1.475 x16....windows loaded but i got a blue screen when i was about to be sent to desktop. I looked at my setting under Bios and it shows... Current Setting 1.45v, while Cpu volts show 1.49 volts. Why are the two different? Do i need to lower the volts or higher to adviod blue screen.
  4. ok using Coretemp my idle cpu temps are 33-34c, under load (using orthos for 2/5min) my max reached 46-47c.
    this on 1.475v
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Overclocking AMD