I'm fed up

Question

Is it wrong to snipe on T2

Question

Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?

I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if the
pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.

On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up points
I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....

It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with the
disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.

whats the groups view

Cubzilla

"Cub" <trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com> wrote in message
> Question
>
> Is it wrong to snipe on T2
>
> Question
>
> Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?
>

> I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
> anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if
> the pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.
>
> On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up
> points I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....
>
> It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
> than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with the
> disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.
>

> whats the groups view

I think just standing on a hill and doing nothing but sniping defensive
players is cheap and degrades the game play for defense, so I don't do it,
and most server admins don't allow it. If your load out contains a rifle
and you are engaging enemies at their base and you are able to use it then
power to ya. On Nix's servers sniping the flag carrier is specifically
allowed, and these are where the better players hang out. Having said all
that; an admin on a server can set whatever rules he wants. Play be them or
go somewhere else.

Quixote

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:30:45 +0100, "Cub" <trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com>
wrote:

>Question
>
>Is it wrong to snipe on T2

Answer: No.

>Question
>
>Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?

Answer: If it's along a beltway or at people refueling their cars or
walking into Wal-Mart and not in a game; Yes.

>I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
>anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if the
>pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.

Sounds perfectly reasonable. And something I would want a teammate to
do.

>On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up points
>I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....

Been in that situation. It's the cry of the lame. They can't get the
flag across the map, so they try to reduce opposition.

>It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
>than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with the
>disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.

You're evidently better with your mind than the kick initiator too, if
he cannot reply to an honest question.

>whats the groups view

I'm in a windowless void, so the view is limited from here.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of "Cub"
<trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man, this is
f*ed up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:

> All I do is wait to see if the
> pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.

just for that, you should be kicked from any servers you play on. (the
waiting part, not the 'zapping' part)

--
Adept

"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message

> "Cub" <trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Question
>>
>> Is it wrong to snipe on T2
>>
>> Question
>>
>> Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?
>>

>> I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
>> anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if
>> the pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.
>>
>> On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up
>> points I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....
>>
>> It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
>> than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with
>> the disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.
>>

>> whats the groups view
>
> I think just standing on a hill and doing nothing but sniping defensive
> players is cheap and degrades the game play for defense, so I don't do it,
> and most server admins don't allow it. If your load out contains a rifle
> and you are engaging enemies at their base and you are able to use it then
> power to ya. On Nix's servers sniping the flag carrier is specifically
> allowed, and these are where the better players hang out. Having said all
> that; an admin on a server can set whatever rules he wants. Play be them
> or go somewhere else.
>
> Quixote

thanks for that, but people who snipe in to the enemy base are also slated
is it O-Sniping ?

Thing i cant understand there are people who are skilled with other weapons
say disk or the heavy that sits in a tower mortaring the base all the time.
they can also slow the game down and are a right pain yet they are allowed

There will always be a buz saving your teams flag with a kill half/most the
way across the map when the pack can't bring him down

I dont do it to be cheap, i just enjoy helping our side to win the game ...
thats what its about init ?

Cub

Cub's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
<WACK!>

I don't snipe, I prefer shoving a spinfusor down someone's throat, but I
don't see a problem with it. its a valid tactic. The only time I don't
like snipers is when they spawn kill, or if they guard the enemy base
entrance and take everyone out who try come near it.

Cubby, as one who has been killed by a laser sniper
many, many times, I'll impart this:

I've been killed in T1 and T2 many, many more times
than I've killed someone else, but being killed by a sniper
is worse.

Why? Because I never saw it coming. I didn't have a
chance to do anything defensive. If another player points a
weapon at me, I try to avoid being shot.
When I walk, I look for enemy mines. If I didn't see it,
it was my own fault. It was there- I had a chance to avoid it.

Same with LS and base turrets- I know they are there,
so I have a chance to defeat them.

But a sniper, on a hill way far away, is something I'm
probably not able to look out for, being busy with the business
that's close at hand.

So, in my own humble opinion, I *hate* being sniped from
a distance. I'd much rather have a chance to shoot you first.
But is it *wrong* for someone to kill me that way?

Hell no. Otherwise, the weapon would not be capable of
being that accurate at such distances. It was *meant* to be
somewhat sneaky.

Honey, if I were you, I'd try to find servers that appreciate
your talent, and avoid the ones where they whine about it. In
my opinion, you're using the weapon fairly.

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 19 Jul 2005 07:17:12 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:
[clip]

> So, in my own humble opinion, I *hate* being sniped from
>a distance. I'd much rather have a chance to shoot you first.
>But is it *wrong* for someone to kill me that way?
>
> Hell no. Otherwise, the weapon would not be capable of
>being that accurate at such distances. It was *meant* to be
>somewhat sneaky.
>
> Honey, if I were you, I'd try to find servers that appreciate
>your talent, and avoid the ones where they whine about it. In
>my opinion, you're using the weapon fairly.

Exactly! But that doesn't keep people from bitching about an effective
tactic, believe me. But I agree with you 100%.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Cubby, as one who has been killed by a laser sniper
> many, many times, I'll impart this:
>
> I've been killed in T1 and T2 many, many more times
> than I've killed someone else, but being killed by a sniper
> is worse.
>
> Why? Because I never saw it coming. I didn't have a
> chance to do anything defensive. If another player points a
> weapon at me, I try to avoid being shot.
> When I walk, I look for enemy mines. If I didn't see it,
> it was my own fault. It was there- I had a chance to avoid it.
>
> Same with LS and base turrets- I know they are there,
> so I have a chance to defeat them.
>
> But a sniper, on a hill way far away, is something I'm
> probably not able to look out for, being busy with the business
> that's close at hand.
>
> So, in my own humble opinion, I *hate* being sniped from
> a distance. I'd much rather have a chance to shoot you first.
> But is it *wrong* for someone to kill me that way?
>
> Hell no. Otherwise, the weapon would not be capable of
> being that accurate at such distances. It was *meant* to be
> somewhat sneaky.
>
> Honey, if I were you, I'd try to find servers that appreciate
> your talent, and avoid the ones where they whine about it. In
> my opinion, you're using the weapon fairly.
>
> --
> {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>>^,,^< Miracle

> <><><><><><><><>

Miracle

I think I'm in love with you

Meet me in Katabotic on top of a hill tonight at midnight and i will show
you my weapon

LOLOLOLOLOL

XXXXXX

Cub's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
> Miracle
> I think I'm in love with you

Yeah, don't we all. Unfortunately, she's spoken for.

In article <42dbf54f$0$6275$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com says...
> Is it wrong to snipe on T2

Nope... but it's like the mortar... use it only indoors. Preferably in tiny
rooms such as Quagmire gen room.

Sniping in Recalescence flag room is frown upon.

If you want to kill a flag runner be sure to use either the plasma gun (for
losers) or the shocklance (for real mens).

--
Fabrice Roux --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:05:01 +0200, RS Faramir_agst wrote:

> Nope... but it's like the mortar... use it only indoors. Preferably in tiny
> rooms such as Quagmire gen room.

LOL

> Sniping in Recalescence flag room is frown upon.
>
> If you want to kill a flag runner be sure to use either the plasma gun (for
> losers) or the shocklance (for real mens).

Oh, and satchel the flag on Katabatic (HOF optional). Don't forget to get
all your team defending too. Mine the area too, jic an enemy manages to
set foot on your base.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

Cub wrote:
> Miracle
>
> I think I'm in love with you
>
> Meet me in Katabotic on top of a hill tonight at midnight and i will
> show you my weapon
>
> LOLOLOLOLOL
>
> XXXXXX

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours! ;)

--