I'm fed up

Question

Is it wrong to snipe on T2

Question

Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?

I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if the
pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.

On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up points
I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....

It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with the
disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.

whats the groups view

Cubzilla
12 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Cub" <trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Question
    >
    > Is it wrong to snipe on T2
    >
    > Question
    >
    > Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?
    >

    > I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
    > anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if
    > the pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.
    >
    > On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up
    > points I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....
    >
    > It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
    > than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with the
    > disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.
    >

    > whats the groups view

    I think just standing on a hill and doing nothing but sniping defensive
    players is cheap and degrades the game play for defense, so I don't do it,
    and most server admins don't allow it. If your load out contains a rifle
    and you are engaging enemies at their base and you are able to use it then
    power to ya. On Nix's servers sniping the flag carrier is specifically
    allowed, and these are where the better players hang out. Having said all
    that; an admin on a server can set whatever rules he wants. Play be them or
    go somewhere else.

    Quixote
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:30:45 +0100, "Cub" <trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com>
    wrote:

    >Question
    >
    >Is it wrong to snipe on T2

    Answer: No.

    >Question
    >
    >Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?

    Answer: If it's along a beltway or at people refueling their cars or
    walking into Wal-Mart and not in a game; Yes.

    >I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
    >anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if the
    >pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.

    Sounds perfectly reasonable. And something I would want a teammate to
    do.

    >On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up points
    >I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....

    Been in that situation. It's the cry of the lame. They can't get the
    flag across the map, so they try to reduce opposition.

    >It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
    >than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with the
    >disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.

    You're evidently better with your mind than the kick initiator too, if
    he cannot reply to an honest question.

    >whats the groups view

    I'm in a windowless void, so the view is limited from here.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of "Cub"
    <trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man, this is
    f*ed up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:

    > All I do is wait to see if the
    > pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.

    just for that, you should be kicked from any servers you play on. (the
    waiting part, not the 'zapping' part)

    --
    Adept
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message

    > "Cub" <trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com> wrote in message
    >> Question
    >>
    >> Is it wrong to snipe on T2
    >>
    >> Question
    >>
    >> Is it wrong to snipe full stop ?
    >>

    >> I have been sniping for ages (years) I never Vpad snipe, spawn snipe or
    >> anything that is obviously against the rules. All I do is wait to see if
    >> the pack chasing the carrier can bring him down , If not zap.
    >>
    >> On some servers , soon as you start to kill the flag man and clock up
    >> points I'm warned for "inappropriate behaviour"....
    >>
    >> It seems that certain people can't accept a player who has a better skill
    >> than them. I asked the kicker who was obviously better than most with
    >> the disk, should he should not be kicked..... no answer.
    >>

    >> whats the groups view
    >
    > I think just standing on a hill and doing nothing but sniping defensive
    > players is cheap and degrades the game play for defense, so I don't do it,
    > and most server admins don't allow it. If your load out contains a rifle
    > and you are engaging enemies at their base and you are able to use it then
    > power to ya. On Nix's servers sniping the flag carrier is specifically
    > allowed, and these are where the better players hang out. Having said all
    > that; an admin on a server can set whatever rules he wants. Play be them
    > or go somewhere else.
    >
    > Quixote

    thanks for that, but people who snipe in to the enemy base are also slated
    is it O-Sniping ?

    Thing i cant understand there are people who are skilled with other weapons
    say disk or the heavy that sits in a tower mortaring the base all the time.
    they can also slow the game down and are a right pain yet they are allowed

    There will always be a buz saving your teams flag with a kill half/most the
    way across the map when the pack can't bring him down

    I dont do it to be cheap, i just enjoy helping our side to win the game ...
    thats what its about init ?

    Cub
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Cub's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
    <WACK!>

    I don't snipe, I prefer shoving a spinfusor down someone's throat, but I
    don't see a problem with it. its a valid tactic. The only time I don't
    like snipers is when they spawn kill, or if they guard the enemy base
    entrance and take everyone out who try come near it.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Cubby, as one who has been killed by a laser sniper
    many, many times, I'll impart this:

    I've been killed in T1 and T2 many, many more times
    than I've killed someone else, but being killed by a sniper
    is worse.

    Why? Because I never saw it coming. I didn't have a
    chance to do anything defensive. If another player points a
    weapon at me, I try to avoid being shot.
    When I walk, I look for enemy mines. If I didn't see it,
    it was my own fault. It was there- I had a chance to avoid it.

    Same with LS and base turrets- I know they are there,
    so I have a chance to defeat them.

    But a sniper, on a hill way far away, is something I'm
    probably not able to look out for, being busy with the business
    that's close at hand.

    So, in my own humble opinion, I *hate* being sniped from
    a distance. I'd much rather have a chance to shoot you first.
    But is it *wrong* for someone to kill me that way?

    Hell no. Otherwise, the weapon would not be capable of
    being that accurate at such distances. It was *meant* to be
    somewhat sneaky.

    Honey, if I were you, I'd try to find servers that appreciate
    your talent, and avoid the ones where they whine about it. In
    my opinion, you're using the weapon fairly.

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 19 Jul 2005 07:17:12 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:
    [clip]

    > So, in my own humble opinion, I *hate* being sniped from
    >a distance. I'd much rather have a chance to shoot you first.
    >But is it *wrong* for someone to kill me that way?
    >
    > Hell no. Otherwise, the weapon would not be capable of
    >being that accurate at such distances. It was *meant* to be
    >somewhat sneaky.
    >
    > Honey, if I were you, I'd try to find servers that appreciate
    >your talent, and avoid the ones where they whine about it. In
    >my opinion, you're using the weapon fairly.

    Exactly! But that doesn't keep people from bitching about an effective
    tactic, believe me. But I agree with you 100%.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > Cubby, as one who has been killed by a laser sniper
    > many, many times, I'll impart this:
    >
    > I've been killed in T1 and T2 many, many more times
    > than I've killed someone else, but being killed by a sniper
    > is worse.
    >
    > Why? Because I never saw it coming. I didn't have a
    > chance to do anything defensive. If another player points a
    > weapon at me, I try to avoid being shot.
    > When I walk, I look for enemy mines. If I didn't see it,
    > it was my own fault. It was there- I had a chance to avoid it.
    >
    > Same with LS and base turrets- I know they are there,
    > so I have a chance to defeat them.
    >
    > But a sniper, on a hill way far away, is something I'm
    > probably not able to look out for, being busy with the business
    > that's close at hand.
    >
    > So, in my own humble opinion, I *hate* being sniped from
    > a distance. I'd much rather have a chance to shoot you first.
    > But is it *wrong* for someone to kill me that way?
    >
    > Hell no. Otherwise, the weapon would not be capable of
    > being that accurate at such distances. It was *meant* to be
    > somewhat sneaky.
    >
    > Honey, if I were you, I'd try to find servers that appreciate
    > your talent, and avoid the ones where they whine about it. In
    > my opinion, you're using the weapon fairly.
    >
    > --
    > {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >>^,,^< Miracle

    > <><><><><><><><>

    Miracle

    I think I'm in love with you

    Meet me in Katabotic on top of a hill tonight at midnight and i will show
    you my weapon

    LOLOLOLOLOL

    XXXXXX
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Cub's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
    > Miracle
    > I think I'm in love with you

    Yeah, don't we all. Unfortunately, she's spoken for.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <42dbf54f$0$6275$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
    trevor@remwhipnet.plus.com says...
    > Is it wrong to snipe on T2

    Nope... but it's like the mortar... use it only indoors. Preferably in tiny
    rooms such as Quagmire gen room.

    Sniping in Recalescence flag room is frown upon.

    If you want to kill a flag runner be sure to use either the plasma gun (for
    losers) or the shocklance (for real mens).

    --
    Fabrice Roux --- www.fabriceroux.com
    Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:05:01 +0200, RS Faramir_agst wrote:

    > Nope... but it's like the mortar... use it only indoors. Preferably in tiny
    > rooms such as Quagmire gen room.

    LOL

    > Sniping in Recalescence flag room is frown upon.
    >
    > If you want to kill a flag runner be sure to use either the plasma gun (for
    > losers) or the shocklance (for real mens).

    Oh, and satchel the flag on Katabatic (HOF optional). Don't forget to get
    all your team defending too. Mine the area too, jic an enemy manages to
    set foot on your base.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

    Cub wrote:
    > Miracle
    >
    > I think I'm in love with you
    >
    > Meet me in Katabotic on top of a hill tonight at midnight and i will
    > show you my weapon
    >
    > LOLOLOLOLOL
    >
    > XXXXXX

    I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours! ;)

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

Games Video Games