Benches for the G2xx? seiries here? Check em out

58 answers Last reply
More about benches g2xx seiries here check
  1. lol I love the scale on that chart. :P
  2. Remember this, this is supposedly from nVidia, so remember the source
  3. yeah I noticed that too.
    But if the 4870x2 gets something like 1,8 times the performance of single 4870 that is equal to the 3870x2 that was on the chart, it is going to be faster than GTX280 at least on some of the games ... maybe
  4. What the hell are they measuring? Also why does the 3870 X2 ALWAYS get 1.0 of whateverthehellitis? Lastly, why does the GTX200 cards get a dynamic score while the 3870 X2 gets a static one?!?!?!

-answer:
    Nvidia must be in some real trouble to pull this pathetic crap. What most likely will happen is the GTX200s will be delayed until after the 4850/4870 so Nvidia is trying to get people excited about their card so people wont go out and buy the 4xxx series first. Pathetic, I wish Nvidia could read this, but I am a long time fan, but this crap is inexcusable and things like this are turning me away, I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Oh well, the marketing for computer components has always been like 10 year old fighting over the attention from their parents...
  5. Yeah, looks like some real compettion shoring up. Since I dont think therell be a single slot X2 for the G2xxx series, itll be good competition until the nVidia refresh, where we may see a nudge in perf
  6. This is a performance chart. ATI is set as the norm, or one, anything above or below that represents percentage, not actual fps
  7. On what rez. was that???
  8. ^or relative performance..
  9. They dont specify, it must be assumed, being from nVidia, its at the greatest advantage, so whatever res applies I would think
  10. Looking like ATI cards won't be competing at the ultra high end, but this doesn't surprise me.
  11. The 4870 was never meant to compete with the G280. nVidia is naturally going to show their stuff in the best light possible of course, so take these marks with a grain of salt. That being said, if this is true to what we will see, its going to be a monster card. The 4870X2 may show something far and aways different tho.
  12. .... they never did...
  13. Not alot of room for fanboyism in this, as its still early, nothing official, just a glimpse, done by nVidia itself, showing their greatest strengths.
  14. I'm curious as to why they're comparing their next gen/newest cards to ATI's old ones?
  15. This isnt like last time when ATI's info was all over the net and anyonre could see them coming. nVidia isnt going to have a ATI card of the 4xxx series
  16. Those are some pretty disappointing benchmarks

I would hope next gen games will be coded to utilize the features of these cards better, or there is a significant driver evolution coming.

I don't know what to say, I mean the only benchmark out of those really worth focusing on is Crysis as it is the only game that has trouble running on your run of the mill mainstream cards.

If your average ATI 3870 x2 is getting 20-35 fps avg in crysis (Varying by user/review) and the gtx 280 is only getting 1.8 times that, well that means its pretty short changed.

That'd mean that a gtx280 isn't going to even get 1.5x performance of a 9800 GX 2 in crysis...

I'm really disappointed, I hope this is a fake.
  17. Because the performance gains must not be that great. Look at it this way those are all absolute best conditions based not off the 3870 X2, but an average performance of it, which lowers the score. I've done a little research on such benchmarks and it is pretty much universal that these benchmarks are always atleast twice as good as the actual performance will be. Bottom line is the GTX200s will perform much worse than this and the 3870 X2 will perform better. Not a good day for Nvidia in my eyes, oh well, so much for a "true next gen" card, then again I never believed that.
  18. Yea, and at the cost/power requirements - well not impressed I gotta say.

Unless they are relying on physx in next gen apps its gonna be kinda sad
  19. Pathetic

this reminds me of the chart they have on their site about how much times their video card is faster than Intel IGP - LOL I am down to my knees :D

How can you compare 9800GTX and say for example that its 22x performance than Intel IGP. Thats worse than no info at all.

I really hate these biased benchmarks.

No system specified , no resolutions, game details, AA/AF used ....

drivers of course used are 8.3 like they performed the test back in march and just reveal it now - laughable

I hate nVidia because they are pathetic cheaters. Play by the rules or you will loose
  20. If 20 to 35 is the norm, then itll be 60 fps at best. Thats playable in most situations.
  21. Remember, this is still almost 2x what we currently have out. Im not defending nVidia here, but to me this looks promising
  22. a 3870 x2 gets 20-35 fps in crysis on high details at 1680*1050

Now by all rights, at equivalent resolution I would hope its going to get 36-67 fps; and with the additional frame buffer it should hopefully allow it to get better performance at 1900*1200 by a large margin.

However, this is compared to a ati 3870x2; this is not compared to current nvidia cards which is silly. I actually have a rather sickly feeling that once compared to current gen cards it might not be what we were hoping for.

If not, well it'll be sad; I mean you can't say that its going to be a wholly bad video card, but I really would've expected some monumental gains given this is supposed to be next generation technology - as I said I just hope that we are going to find this is significantly better than it looks.
  23. I'm dissapointed if this is true, I thought a GTX 260 would have close performance to the 280 but this really says the opposite.
  24. True, but Crysis is very playable at those fps. And its not the best showing. What Im saying is, ATI cards, current ones, are sometimes slower on average, and faster on average in each game. So, looking at the chart, it also varies, sometimes showing more than 2x the fps, so thats still almost 2x nVidias current. I know what youre saying, and its best to wait, but I dont think people will be disappointed by these cards, other than the heat and power and cost, but this is cutting edge, so you have to expect some of that
  25. If the G280 is some 20+% faster than the GTXx2 is, without any of the SLI problems or inabilities, what will the refresh 280X2 look like? Remember this is only going against single gpu solutions here
  26. I REALLY doubt that there will be GTX280x2

They cant possible cool 500W card with something reliable also what should be the price of that funny card $1500 :D
  27. how much faster do u expect the gtx 280/260 to be compared to an 9800gx2?
  28. You realise the 3870 X2 is not a single card solution so that it varies.... Also you do realize these benchmarks in no way actually say it is 2x as fast, they are comparing the cards on the absolute best circumstances for the GTX200s. I totally agree with ovaltineplease, this IS sad. Think of it this way you can get a 4870 which is supposed to be slightly faster than the 3870 X2 and will be much more consistant, for $300. You can get 2x 4870s for the same price as a GTX280 and without taking in account the fact that those benchmarks will be much lower in real unbiased circumstances, you STILL have better performance from ATI. Could be ATI's big day, I hope so we need a company to push things forward and though I have always owned Nvidia cards, Nvidia has proven that they are perfectly happy with letting technology sit... We shall see soon enough though.
  29. Crysis + 1920x1200 (very HIGH) = 2009 !
  30. The_Blood_Raven said:
    You realise the 3870 X2 is not a single card solution so that it varies.... Also you do realize these benchmarks in no way actually say it is 2x as fast, they are comparing the cards on the absolute best circumstances for the GTX200s. I totally agree with ovaltineplease, this IS sad. Think of it this way you can get a 4870 which is supposed to be slightly faster than the 3870 X2 and will be much more consistant, for $300. You can get 2x 4870s for the same price as a GTX280 and without taking in account the fact that those benchmarks will be much lower in real unbiased circumstances, you STILL have better performance from ATI. Could be ATI's big day, I hope so we need a company to push things forward and though I have always owned Nvidia cards, Nvidia has proven that they are perfectly happy with letting technology sit... We shall see soon enough though.

What Im saying is, comparing nVidia to nVidia as was mentioned earlier. going by that, the Ultra is till currently supreme in a non X2. Looking at these , Ultra is comparable to the ATI X2, so in a way, this will be the performance increase. Ive already said Im not defending nVidia, just trying to keep this in perspective here. I also expect ATI's solutions to be very competitive this go round, pushing nVidia whereas they didnt have that ability til the X2 came out. The 4xxx series will be a great choice, but these numbers look good to me, as they show a doubling of single gpu performance in this new gen
  31. how much would the 4850 compare with the gtx260? and the prices
  32. alfrido said:
    how much would the 4850 compare with the gtx260? and the prices

i dont think u can really compare the 4850 to a gtx 260. 4850 is being priced at around 200$ while the gtx 260 is priced at arond 450$. 4850 is mid-range while the gtx 260 is high end.
  33. Well we have seen these kinds of chart allso before (allso by ATI).
    All in all as someone mentioned before the GTX280 is faster than 9800 GX2 by reasonable marging. So the information that we already have had, seems to about right. There is ingrease in speed, but not huge.
    The GTX280 is good gard for well ventilated case, if you can afford it. It's much faster than upcoming 4870, that should be as fast as 3870 X2, but maybe not as fast as 4870 X2 in all cases, so the situation seems to be the same as at this moment. Only chance seems to be that the prise advantage goes more towards the ATI.
  34. Some of the emotion elicited by these pretty worthless benchies is a bit ridiculous. They are not the least bit informative and it isn't surprising that a company would try and spin things their way before the release. Big deal, we'll know the real story in a few weeks.
  35. The_Blood_Raven said:
    You realise the 3870 X2 is not a single card solution so that it varies.... Also you do realize these benchmarks in no way actually say it is 2x as fast, they are comparing the cards on the absolute best circumstances for the GTX200s. I totally agree with ovaltineplease, this IS sad. Think of it this way you can get a 4870 which is supposed to be slightly faster than the 3870 X2 and will be much more consistant, for $300. You can get 2x 4870s for the same price as a GTX280 and without taking in account the fact that those benchmarks will be much lower in real unbiased circumstances, you STILL have better performance from ATI. Could be ATI's big day, I hope so we need a company to push things forward and though I have always owned Nvidia cards, Nvidia has proven that they are perfectly happy with letting technology sit... We shall see soon enough though.

ATI has issues of there own, more notably high power requirements on what is supposed to be a mainstream card (2x 6pin pci-e for a single gpu solution in its calibur?) I guess we'll see as to what the power requirement is when it is released, but the initial information didn't sound that good. Crossfiring 2 4870s would be like crossfiring 2 3870 x2. I get a feeling a 4870x2 is going to be using 8 pin connectors for sure. Not that this is going to be an issue to most people who might use these forums, but to the average consumer it would be i'd think.

Its almost kinda bizarre to look at some of the requirements of these new video cards, maybe the next video card will be 18 inches long and require 2x 8 pin, 4x 6pin and a quadruple slot cooler. (i'm thinking gtx280 gx2 laff)

Bringing up a point of interest: "Crysis + 1920x1200 (very HIGH) = 2009 !"

As it stands, this game is far from new; it'd be kinda a pity if it took a year to get a functional graphics configuration for it.
  36. what a pile of crap..... but we should remember these for when real benchies come out just so we can laugh (and laugh, and laugh and laugh...... ohhhh boy..... well, you might as well come back now)
  37. spuddyt said:
    what a pile of crap..... but we should remember these for when real benchies come out just so we can laugh (and laugh, and laugh and laugh...... ohhhh boy..... well, you might as well come back now)

I see what you did there...

Anyways, if I'm reading these charts right, then they're basically saying that their top-end card (the GTX 280) is, on average, 1.8 - 2.0x the performance of a Radeon 3870X2. But then again, a 4870 is projected to be about the performance of a 3870X2 and thus it follows that the 4870X2 would also be about 1.8-2.0x as good as that. Granted, this is all conjecture and there's no real benchmarks yet to back much of this up, but if I'm reading into this right, then I think we can expect the 4870X2 at $399 (or was it $499?) to be about the same as the GTX 280 (which was said to be priced around $599 I think). This doesn't look good for the green team...

Also I'd like to see Nvidia pitch these new cards against their own older cards. I have a feeling a 9800GX2 can just about meet the performance of a GTX 260. Just a hunch.
  38. Milos-stancene said:
    Crysis + 1920x1200 (very HIGH) = 2009 !

Dude Crysis has already been conquered in very high by www.maxishine.com.au quad sli with two 9800GX2's at 60fps average and a max of around 80fps.

I want them to release this crap so I can finally put my build together, having to wait two weeks is driving me nuts.
  39. he means he wants it to be beaten w/o having to spend SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A SYSTEM TAHT GETS 20 % more performance over a 1500 dollar one...

anyway... interestng....

I hope nvidia will win... I have no idea why... but I do... but either way I'll get the better card, or the second best if the 4870 X2 is like 80 - 90 % of gtx 280 but is like 30 - 40 % cheaper... so w/e
  40. ^^ ... thats not being conquered... he isn't even using anti aliasing...
  41. You will go for beter card or for expensive card?
  42. Quote:
    ^^ ... thats not being conquered... he isn't even using anti aliasing...

..with AA and AF at MAX!
  43. Milos-stancene said:
    You will go for beter card or for expensive card?

i will ofcourse choose the better card.
  44. You missed it, those benchmarks are not what gamers will truely experience with the card. Those are absolute best circumstances and are probably using lower resolution, because the 3870 X2 sucks at lower resolution. That 1.8-2x as fast you are talking about is most likely non-existant. Yep it is true that both companies have pulled this before and every time these benchmarks are always higher than what you get, and yes ATI has done the worst of these types of benchmarks. I'm saying we will see a 1-1.5x difference MAX. Well we shall see I suppose, though I kinda hope I'm wrong it would be nice to have a decent card for once.
  45. Yaaawwnn another unsporting pull from Nvidia... maybe someone is paying them to look and act like retarded clowns.

Even the owner of the GTX280X2 (i.e. the queen of Monaco) would call these cards a hopeless waste of $$.
  46. ovaltineplease said:
    ATI has issues of there own, more notably high power requirements on what is supposed to be a mainstream card (2x 6pin pci-e for a single gpu solution in its calibur?) I guess we'll see as to what the power requirement is when it is released, but the initial information didn't sound that good.

Nordichardware mentioned some time ago that they have 2 powerconnectors to make overclocking easier, at stock settings it would only require one 6pin... or something like that. I'm too tired and lazy to go digging through their archives at the moment... :sleep:
  47. I think most ppl will go for the 4870 as it's supposed to be good enough for main streams gamers adding the power consumption , heating and overclocking (it's supposed to overclock higher , it's 55nm) ... on the high end part , although the 4870x2 should be matched (from my personal point of view) with the gtx280 in terms of performance and has lower price , I think Nvidia is still wining because adding another gtx280 in sli mode (2 chips) will be much more efficient that adding another 4870x2 in quad cross fire mode (4 chips), in addition to the gtx280 being able to do tri-sli which would be the fastest rig ever.
  48. I forgot to add this , AMD is actually being in a better position even after this , i'm talkin economics. Nvidia will be spent alot on developing the gtx280 , gtx260 in addition to the upcomin main stream chip . while AMD spent only on developin the 4870 , lowered it's clock and made the 4850 , put 2 of them and get the 4870x2 ...
    and even at production , Nvidia is producing 3 different chips , 2 of them are high end (not very high amount of sales and production and relatively high cost) , but AMD will be mainly producing one (main stream , high amount of sales and production , lower cost indeed ) .. that of course will result in AMD being the most profitable company of the both unless Nvidia does another magical thing like the 9600gt
  49. the gtx 260 and gtx 280 are the same card - the gtx 260 is a crippled card.

edit; on another note i had heard they are releasing more g92+ type cards for the mainstream I believe the 9800 GT was mentioned.

Whether that is another 9800 GTX goof is to be seen i suppose
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product