Benches for the G2xx? seiries here? Check em out

Kari

Splendid
yeah I noticed that too.
But if the 4870x2 gets something like 1,8 times the performance of single 4870 that is equal to the 3870x2 that was on the chart, it is going to be faster than GTX280 at least on some of the games ... maybe

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
What the hell are they measuring? Also why does the 3870 X2 ALWAYS get 1.0 of whateverthehellitis? Lastly, why does the GTX200 cards get a dynamic score while the 3870 X2 gets a static one?!?!?!

-answer:
Nvidia must be in some real trouble to pull this pathetic crap. What most likely will happen is the GTX200s will be delayed until after the 4850/4870 so Nvidia is trying to get people excited about their card so people wont go out and buy the 4xxx series first. Pathetic, I wish Nvidia could read this, but I am a long time fan, but this crap is inexcusable and things like this are turning me away, I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Oh well, the marketing for computer components has always been like 10 year old fighting over the attention from their parents...

Yeah, looks like some real compettion shoring up. Since I dont think therell be a single slot X2 for the G2xxx series, itll be good competition until the nVidia refresh, where we may see a nudge in perf

The 4870 was never meant to compete with the G280. nVidia is naturally going to show their stuff in the best light possible of course, so take these marks with a grain of salt. That being said, if this is true to what we will see, its going to be a monster card. The 4870X2 may show something far and aways different tho.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Those are some pretty disappointing benchmarks

I would hope next gen games will be coded to utilize the features of these cards better, or there is a significant driver evolution coming.

I don't know what to say, I mean the only benchmark out of those really worth focusing on is Crysis as it is the only game that has trouble running on your run of the mill mainstream cards.

If your average ATI 3870 x2 is getting 20-35 fps avg in crysis (Varying by user/review) and the gtx 280 is only getting 1.8 times that, well that means its pretty short changed.

That'd mean that a gtx280 isn't going to even get 1.5x performance of a 9800 GX 2 in crysis...

I'm really disappointed, I hope this is a fake.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Because the performance gains must not be that great. Look at it this way those are all absolute best conditions based not off the 3870 X2, but an average performance of it, which lowers the score. I've done a little research on such benchmarks and it is pretty much universal that these benchmarks are always atleast twice as good as the actual performance will be. Bottom line is the GTX200s will perform much worse than this and the 3870 X2 will perform better. Not a good day for Nvidia in my eyes, oh well, so much for a "true next gen" card, then again I never believed that.

rawsteel

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Pathetic

this reminds me of the chart they have on their site about how much times their video card is faster than Intel IGP - LOL I am down to my knees :D

How can you compare 9800GTX and say for example that its 22x performance than Intel IGP. Thats worse than no info at all.

I really hate these biased benchmarks.

No system specified , no resolutions, game details, AA/AF used ....

drivers of course used are 8.3 like they performed the test back in march and just reveal it now - laughable

I hate nVidia because they are pathetic cheaters. Play by the rules or you will loose

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
a 3870 x2 gets 20-35 fps in crysis on high details at 1680*1050

Now by all rights, at equivalent resolution I would hope its going to get 36-67 fps; and with the additional frame buffer it should hopefully allow it to get better performance at 1900*1200 by a large margin.

However, this is compared to a ati 3870x2; this is not compared to current nvidia cards which is silly. I actually have a rather sickly feeling that once compared to current gen cards it might not be what we were hoping for.

If not, well it'll be sad; I mean you can't say that its going to be a wholly bad video card, but I really would've expected some monumental gains given this is supposed to be next generation technology - as I said I just hope that we are going to find this is significantly better than it looks.

True, but Crysis is very playable at those fps. And its not the best showing. What Im saying is, ATI cards, current ones, are sometimes slower on average, and faster on average in each game. So, looking at the chart, it also varies, sometimes showing more than 2x the fps, so thats still almost 2x nVidias current. I know what youre saying, and its best to wait, but I dont think people will be disappointed by these cards, other than the heat and power and cost, but this is cutting edge, so you have to expect some of that