Safe mode with command prompt

I started system configuration utility.I pressed BOOT.INI then /SAFEBOOT and
i pressed MINIMAL(ALTERNATESHELL).After that, window restarted and started in
safe mode with command prompt.CAn any one tell how to start window normally.
3 answers Last reply
More about safe mode command prompt

    After booting into the Safe Mode with the Command Prompt.

    And when you're done using the command prompt...
    Close the command prompt by typing:

    exit

    Hit the Enter key.

    Or...

    Click on the Close [X].

    Or...
    Start the Windows shell.

    Type:

    explorer

    Hit the Enter key.

    Or...
    Open Task Manager...
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK |

    Either way, this warning will come up.

    --------
    Desktop Warning
    Windows is running in safe mode.

    This special diagnostic mode of windows enables you to fix a
    problem which may be caused by your network or hardware
    settings. Make sure these settings are correct in Control Panel, and
    then try starting Windows again. While in safe mode, some of your
    devices may not be available.

    To proceed to work in safe mode, click Yes. If you prefer to use
    System Restore to restore your computer to a previous state, click
    No.
    --------

    Also, when done doing whatever, you need to open msconfig again...

    Open Task Manager...
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: msconfig | OK |

    UNSelect: ? /SAFEBOOT under the boot.ini tab | Click Apply |
    Under the General tab Select: ? Normal Startup - load all device drivers and
    services | Click Apply and Close

    Or...

    Open Task Manager...
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK |

    And open msconfig from Start | Run

    Or Windows key + R to open the run box.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:A5E73E11-DD3F-4BDF-A8C1-3DE0BBB9F36D@microsoft.com,
    garfield <garfield@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I started system configuration utility.I pressed BOOT.INI then /SAFEBOOT
    > and i pressed MINIMAL(ALTERNATESHELL).After that, window restarted and
    > started in safe mode with command prompt.CAn any one tell how to start
    > window normally.

    Hi,

    From the command prompt, run:

    C:\Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\msconfig.exe

    This will open the utility so that you can reverse the steps.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "garfield" <garfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I started system configuration utility.I pressed BOOT.INI then /SAFEBOOT
    >and
    > i pressed MINIMAL(ALTERNATESHELL).After that, window restarted and started
    > in
    > safe mode with command prompt.CAn any one tell how to start window
    > normally.

    Thanks, guys .That's help me a lot.

    "garfield" wrote:

    > I started system configuration utility.I pressed BOOT.INI then /SAFEBOOT and
    > i pressed MINIMAL(ALTERNATESHELL).After that, window restarted and started in
    > safe mode with command prompt.CAn any one tell how to start window normally.

Safe Mode Command Prompt Windows XP