EIO IDE RAID PCI card driver issue on VISTA

squiddy

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hi,

I built a new machine with Vista in it and moved my old raid card from an XP system into it. The card is an EIO AP1680 IDE RAID PCI card. My problem is that the drivers aren't found using windows update. Whn I try the older XP drivers it installs but gives me a "not enough resources to enable this device. You need to turn off other devices to enable this card" error.

Does anyone have the udpated driver for this card? If not, can someone instruct on how to 'turn-off' the other stuff to get this to run? Google gave me nothing and disabling other stuff in device manager didn't do squat.

Thanks TOM's folks!

squiddy

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hey r_manic,

Yep, tried the newest XP drivers and it gave the same error.

"not enough resources to enable this device. You need to turn off other devices to enable this card"

I've also tried 2k3 server and other drivers with the same results.

For now I've taken it out of the machine but losing 4 additional IDE devices is a huge loss in terms of storage for me. I have loads of files and keep the 4 IDE 320GB drives in morrired pairs to keep redundancy... (photographer here so I need the security of redundant drives)

Thanks!

G

Not to sure if I can help! Mostly because im having the same type of problem. New Highpoint Raid card with 4 2TB hardrives running RADI 5 on an existing HP Elite desktop with VISTA in an Antec 1200 case with 5 HP DVD Drives and a 900 watt Antec power supply.

problem is the cards BIOS wont allow me to see any HDs in the motherboard.
only boots off the card but i need 4 drive to realy have a Raid 5 set up. and i dont want to reinstal the OS just to make it all work.