Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 Nehalem 3.2GHz
Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Video Cards: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB
Hard Drives: 2x Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
Power Supply: ABS Tagan BZ 1300W

Now I've been doing quite a bit of research and have my thoughts on doing a Triple Loop system:
Loop 1: CPU
Loop 2: 2x GPU's
Loop 3: DRAM, North Bridge/South Bridge and voltage regulators that are exposed.

I was looking at getting everything from koolance.com and possibly using 1 exos 2.5 and then rigging together 2 custom loops. But then I was thinking I could just go with creating 3 custom loops to save some money. Money really isn't an issue so I am just wondering if there are any opinions on creating a custom 3 loop system or going with a 2 loops system. Would a 3 loop system fit into a Cosmos 1000? I am willing to dismember the case and doing some custom modifications to the case if need be. I am just looking for insight on whether going with just koolance would be the best approach. I am looking to keep the entire system pretty cool. Is there any suggestions with other products I could look toward?

Thanks for you replys

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
No to koolance. You are going to want to look into DangerDen, Swiftech, EK, D-Tek. No Zalman, no Koolance..etc.

You don't really need to cool your RAM or NB or SB. North bridge if you decided to do some crazy overclocking, but only then. RAM and SB isn't necessary unless you just want to spend money on it and drop your flow rates with extra blocks.

You can run 1 loop if you want, but you would be better off with 2 due to the dual GPU cards x2. CPU loop can be a single 220 radiator, but you will want at least the surface area of a 420 rad or 2x220's for the GPU loop. General rule of thumb is 1.5x120mm radiator surface area per each stock clocked CPU/GPU.

You are looking at some pretty good cash once you factor in the rads and those GPU blocks for the 295's, so be prepared. I know you said money isn't an issue, so look into those products.

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
GTX295 are PAIN to WC... you could have buyed STOCK WCed card... stay under waranty. you can damage them... your choice !

I agree with rubix. 2 loop is ok for you.

Loop 1 : CPU with a 220 rad (320 is you plan on awesome OC)
Loop 2 : 2xGPU with 420 rad (320 if no OC but 420 still better)

I run my CPU @ 3.6 1.45vcore on 220 and temp stay stable even if im playing games for 10 straigh hours. So a single 220 rad is OK for your CPU.

GPU produce more eat, dont forget you have 4 gpu processor. so its LOTTA eat.

WCing this beats can REALLY improve your CPU-GPU temp and really make it LOW NOISE.

prophetz

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Ya with everything I was approaching 1.5k+ doing the triple loop from what I was gathering. I was looking at DangerDen as well. I am photoshoping up some stills to try to figure out exactly were to place the Rads and res's. I definitely want to keep my cpu and gpu's separate because currently the gpu's are running a lot hotter then my i7 which is using a CoolerMaster V8 heatsink/fan at the moment. The 295's when in quad sli freezes up my computer when they hit 82C which happens when running Crysis or running benchmarks. I ran both cards individually and they run fine staying around 45-50C.

As for the GPU's I have heard several opinions on what I could do with the rads. I am trying to figure a logical place for the rads and res's in the Cosmos 1000. I was thinking taking out he to section of the Hot Swap HD trays and modding the chassis a bit and put two res's in there. Just not sure which res's to go with at the moment that will fit nicely. I was viewing several rigs that I liked with the vertical cylinder tube as the res. Just not sure on the size of res's I'll need to get for my current rig. Might have to do some more research on that topic.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
mcr320a.jpg

prophetz

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I like that but I was looking for at something like:

100_0749.jpg

and

img0626sl2.jpg

With it in the case.

The Cosmos 1000 incorporates already a few exhaust outlets that I was thinking I could use for the rad's. I was going to mod the top of the case to place I was thinking a a rad on top to replace my two 120 fans and mod the bottom of the case for another rad and find 2 other places in the case or even something outside the case. I just want to frame it a bit to make it look like they are "a part" of the case instead of just sticking out.