Vx2255wmb webcam Driver

axelsod

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
Is there a vx2255wmb webcam Driver for Vista ? I cannot find it in the Viewsonic Driver Website for Vista, only XP.

Is there an error in device manager for the device ? Event Viewer ?
Did the device previously work ? If yes, A Windows restore to date when it worked should do it.

axelsod

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
There was an error, which I corrected. I don't know where to find the event viewer at the moment. The device is new to me, but used. I have had two Viewsonic Help-line chats which were both unsuccessful also. The end result is always "ERROR: Please Turn on Camera", but the directions say to do so by clicking the viewer box, which gives the same error. The last Viesonic Tech said I had to pay over $170 to get it repaired, or replace it, so I am done with them. Unless you have other ideas, I guess that I will have to give in and buy another Webcam. It is possible that my Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 with Vista is the problem. I occasionally have "Flashcard" errors when I shut down, and sometimes when I am running. I may try to run this on an old Dell Desktop at some point to test that theory, but for now, I will have to settle with a $100 EBay special 22" Monitor with a pretty good picture.